The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Question for SEO people

Nobody can answer the question as posed. There are too many factors involved and some are known only to employees of the search engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not asking the exact numbers but the idea how much links max to max.so that the results is also improve and it will not spam.

Agree 100% with Minstrel. There is no way to know this unless you actually work for a search engine. Even then only a select few know the answer to your question.

Agree 100% with Minstrel. There is no way to know this unless you actually work for a search engine. Even then only a select few know the answer to your question.

Agree as well w/ you and Minstrel. Instead of focusing on off-page optimization - maybe you should focus more on on-page. Add more pages and make sure they are optimized well and interlinked w/ other pages.

Can anyone tell me how much relevant back links will boost the keyword in google ranking for certain keyword.

It's not the quantity of the backlinks that counts, Google ranks websites for specific keywords depending on the quality of the links that you build. Authority sites that have domain extensions like .net, .org, .edu, and .com are solid websites that give positive impact specifically on your keywords' rankings once you've created a profile and dropped links in it.

Authority sites that have domain extensions like .net, .org, .edu, and .com

That's an oft-repeated myth but it really isn't true.

SEO article in Newsweek

In comments:

Matt Cutts said:
Matt Said,
December 12, 2005 @ 9:48 am

Yahoo links are helpful because they?re high PageRank, but that?s the only reason; there?s no special ?Yahoo boost? or edu-boost or gov-boost. Those links just tend to be higher quality.

Lightning Round!

Some one else asked about links from gov?s and edu?s and whether links from two levels deep gov?s and edu?s, like gov.pl are worth the same as .gov, and the fact is that we don?t really have much in the way of saying oh this is a link from the ODP or from .gov or .edu so give that some sort of special boost. It?s just those sites tend to have higher Pagerank because more people link to them and reputable people link to them.

By the way, a link from DMOZ/ODP isn't worth anything special either:

I?m on debunking duty
Matt Cutts
December 8, 2006

In comments:

Matt Cutts said:
December 8, 2006 @ 7:51 pm

There is no special ?ODP boost.? The PageRank value of a link from an ODP page is solely because that ODP page has high PageRank.

As for me, I try to focus more on the quality of my content (I hire writers by the way!) and then a reasonable amount of backlinks

Bacl links are VERY relevant and is considered one of the principal means of improving SERP once you have optimised your pages for the search engines.

As for how much benefit you will get from back links, well that is dependent on the quality and relevance of the sites linking to you, the pages they link to and the anchor text links themsleves.

Insert keywords at right place on your meta tags.
Use relevant text on your website.
Optimize Your Title and Meta tags.
Use anchor text keywords in links.

Hope it will help you in some way!

This question is really not easy to answer. As far as I?m concerned, there are many factors involved. What?s most important, the quality of the links is the key factor.

If only we knew how many we needed! Dont worry about how many backlinks you need, just make sure that link building is part of your everyday work routine. Over time you will end up with the links required. Also remember to concentrate on quality. Better to have 1,000 good quality relevant backlinks than 10,000 poor links that the search engines probably wont give you credit for anyway.

Cheers, Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends on your niche and howmany competitors are targetting the same keywords ( keyword competition)
And it depends on the quality of your backlinks. What you want is backlinks from highly related pages with high domain authority and trust. One good quality backlink can give you the same boost as 1000 backlinks from less quality sites.
.edu / .org /. gov domains are not more valuable then any other tld.

BUT often these do have a high domain authority/ domain trust. That is where the value of every domain lays. I have seen PR8 pages with extremely low domain authority / domain trust, and i have seen Pr3 pages with extremely high domain authority / domain trust.

Howmany links you need? Depends on niche/competition/on page seo/ quality of your content/ domain age/ and quality of your backlink profile

Take ChrisG's advise. Its the best advise if you dont know the shortcuts, and it will certainly help you rank in the end

It all depends on your niche and howmany competitors are targetting the same keywords ( keyword competition)
And it depends on the quality of your backlinks. What you want is backlinks from highly related pages with high domain authority and trust. One good quality backlink can give you the same boost as 1000 backlinks from less quality sites.
.edu / .org /. gov domains are not more valuable then any other tld.

BUT often these do have a high domain authority/ domain trust. That is where the value of every domain lays. I have seen PR8 pages with extremely low domain authority / domain trust, and i have seen Pr3 pages with extremely high domain authority / domain trust.

And exactly how do you measure domain trust or domain authority?

That really depends on a large variety of things... competition.. the power of your links.. your existing ranking/status with Google... as you continue to build backlinks and grow, you will start to become familiar with these things. For now, keep building content and growing backlinks :)

MI
Back