The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question about serps

besto

affiliate
I have been researching for niches and have been finding some really great keywords like under 50,000 competing pages when i type them into Google.

However all the research i've done on finding niches say's it would be easy to rank well for keywords with low competing pages.

My main question is how do i know what sites are junk and which ones are their to stay, which sites can i out rank with keyword focused content?

also is it easy to out rank indexed articles shown in the serps ?

Thanks for your input

The number of competing pages can be a general indication of how difficult it will be to rank well for a keyword, but in the final analysis, all that matters is the 10 sites on the first page. If even one of them is weak, there's your opening.

I would suggest using some sort of SEO toolbar to examine the strengths/weaknesses of the top 10. I use SEOQuake sometimes. They are good for getting at least a general idea of the page rank, number of backlinks, age of the site, etc. None of those facets on their own should determine your decision whether or not you pursue a keyword, but with everything taken into consideration you can get an idea of whether they're beatable.

You can also simply look at the sites and get an idea if they're fly-by-night hastily thrown-up sites or well established larger companies. Use the SEO information and your gut. Then it's just a matter of trial and error. Sometimes you won't know until you give it a shot! :)

In your niche - do some google commands: allintitle:[keywords] - this will show you what sites are really after the same KWs you are. Another one is allinurl:[keywords]

Different way of who your competitors really are...

A good indicator also is if some of the sites on the first page have some blogs or videos. And see how many of them have the actual domain names as the keyword string you are choosing. If not then try to get a domain name that is exact to your keyword phrase.

Is that 50 grand for “exact phrase” match or braud?

Some good advice there.

I just started using SEO quake and its an awesome tool.

One other question. You mentioned no. competing pages.

but how many searches?

If it is less than 900 Phrase a month, you might not get alot of traffic

also how valuable do other people think the keyword is? CPC for keyword.

is it only $0.08 or $20?

Lastly is it relevant to your site and is it a keyword that people are using because they want your info.
e.g.

keyword of "Dog Owner" might get good searches but is unlikely to be buyers
Keyword "Dog Training DVD" is a keyword that people are using to find a product to buy.

Good luck to You

DAN

MI
Back