monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Question about SEO ranking.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by Spenxr, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Spenxr

Spenxr Affiliate affiliate

Theoretically, if a website has very high traffic - will it automatically have good rankings with google - ect?

If not - does it help to have alot of traffic?

2. monetizer
  3. Jay Wessman

Jay Wessman Affiliate affiliate

Not necessarily but if it's getting a lot of natural traffic then it's definitely a good sign that it might be ranking well.

If a site is getting tonnes of traffic from natural sources then it means that the site is probably getting shared a lot on social networks and has a lot of people linking to the site both of which help your site to rank well.

Of course if you just have a one page site that isn't optimized for the search engines at all and has no backlinks or anything but is getting a tonne of traffic from say Facebook ads or some other paid traffic source then your website is still going to rank poorly.

4. Danielle Thompson

Danielle Thompson Affiliate affiliate

I don't know how you could have a lot of traffic, if you weren't ranking. Unless you're talking about using PPC or something. If you posted something on a blog, and that particular post got you lots of traffic, you would most likely start ranking as a result.

There are spontaneous circumstances where pages attract lots of traffic, and I suppose some could be short lived. But that isn't very common. I have seen lots of traffic come from sites like StumbleUpon, which is great. But didn't last.

But usually if a site is getting lots of organic traffic, it's ranking highly somewhere for something.

It all depends upon where the traffic is coming from.

5. Legioner

Legioner Affiliate affiliate

Yep, traffic from search engines = RANKING SOMEWHERE

6. tac88

tac88 Affiliate affiliate

JAY NAILED THIS ANSWER RIGHT ON THE HEAD !
    You also could have a few no follow links that do not mean anything to Google but yet you could get a flood of traffic from them.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI