The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Quality or Quantity Blog

pow-wow

affiliate
People like to read short posts, preferable with lists or bullets. However, am planning a blog soon, but my major concern is that the niche i'm focusing on and the posts i've brainstormed, they will be length but with superb quality.

Will people read lengthy posts if the blog is new or just a short and interesting one?

I am convineced that you have a great conception and many smart visitor will love your dedication about the niche, so the post of the quality, the time and effort will be repayed.
Good luck!

Will people read lengthy posts if the blog is new or just a short and interesting one?

If it's interesting or informative or one of my favorites, I'll read it :)
Quality is still best for me, doesn't matter how long or short the post is.

What you need to do is to break it down into readable chunks with small paragraphs, and sub headings along the way. OR you could break it down into part1 part 2 etc.

I originally started writing a blog post about how to carry out seo. I started at keyword research, and by the time I finished, it was 30 pages of a word document :D

Only 43%? I expected better from you and at least 50%.

On a serious not though, OWG has just provided an excellent tip that can be used across multiple platforms, be it blogging or static content.

Breaking things up into bite sized chunks can bring back positive traffic from others feedback.

KP

Making a series have people salivating for more & turns them into regular readers! I would rather have 10 trusted & regular readers than have a 1,000 visitors with no input (if a blog) low conversion if a business site!

Those 10 guys will recommend your site/ blog to all & may give you backlinks etc etc!

It pays to have friends & regular readers(buyers)! Take Amazon (site), JC or shoe (blogs) ! Remove their regulars & they sink into the depths of the online world!

Coming back to the point, as KP says quality over quantity rules!

Content is KIng!

I dont think there is anything wrong with longer posts at all personally I use relatively short posts my advice would be do whatever is best for you if the content is good I feel that your visitors will read your posts anyway regardless of how long or short your stories are and even if they are somewhat on the shorter side you can always make sure you use an image in the post which can give the illusion of making it look bigger than maybe it is.

Yeah, quality has a lot to d with keeping people reading. If your blog is basically just a way to pas out your website and make announcements to visitors and exisiting customers then I'd favour the quantity approach though.

people prefer to read what they like...
now your content can be of 2 lines or of 200... if you are able to keep them interested.. i guess even 200 lines will be less...

I am a firm beliver in the saying quality beats quantity. It is something I have learned from my job working in freelance writing.

Quality really over weighs quantity. It's really non-sense if you do have many posts but their contents are not interesting and useful to readers.

banners
Back