The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Protect your children on the Internet

kappa84

affiliate
The Internet is getting more dangerous day-by-day and even if we know how to protect ourselves from bad thing still remains a big problem: children's protection.
Thinking some of you have kids at home, I tried to creat a helpful ( I hope :) ) little guide about “ How to protect your children on the Internet”.

1. Bookmark the sites that are safely for kids to navigate on and teach them how to use its. It’s better to know your children are surfing on safe websites.

2. When they want to visit other sites, teach them to ask permission.

3. Adult websites are the most dangerous websites, crawling with malware, infected pop-ups etc. This websites should be strictly forbidden for them.

4. Tell them not to click on banners, pop-ups and different ads.

5. Use a pop-up blocker, an updated firewall and an update antivirus.

6. Enable Google Safe Search Filter from Google’s Preferences, you can set it to Strict, Moderate or None.

7. They shouldn’t download anything without asking permission.

8. Create an account for your children with restricted controls.

9. Adjust browser’s security settings.

10. Check from time to time your browser’s history, to see if your kid visited websites that you didn’t allow to visit. Always tell him that if he doesn’t require permission he’ll get banned from the Internet for days/weeks etc.

11. A very problematic issue are bad-intentioned people. Teach your kids that talking with strangers is not permitted, more than that, explain them not to send pictures of them, write the address or telephone number etc. If you let them using IM try to see to whom they are talking with and explain them how to identify questionable persons or websites.

12. You should have all their passwords to their email, IM, website, social networks etc, and more than that, tell them that you check them, so they should never cross over what you allow them.

13. Share with your kids websites that are enjoyable for them, cartoons, online games for kids etc.

14. Do not allow them to stay more than 2-3 hours/day in front of the computer. Those hours should be chosen especially when you’re at home and you can supervise them. They should play more outside with other childs than killing monsters on DOOM 3.

15. Try to install on the computer several educational software, teach them how to create graphics on PC, use Encarta for geography etc. If you use fun software this could distract them from the Internet. For a while..

I could come up with more advices, but those are being derived from the above ones. Maybe some of those tips look a little harsh, but consider this is the best sollution for your kids to stay safe on the Internet.
If you have kids and you use other methods you could share its with us, maybe we’ll learn more ways to protect our children from dangers on the web.

When I’ll have a child I’m pretty damn sure that I’ll use something to control my kid’s activity on the Internet.:banned:

Whatever you do to protect your children on the Internet but they finally caught by some sites at the end :lol:

BTW good tips you have suggested.

DON.

It's your daughter OWG, you choose. :p . Just kidding, hope it's not true. :)

I opened this thread because I saw a video on YouTube where some girls were slapping another girl just to have something to upload on the net... :nono:

It's your daughter OWG, you choose. :p . Just kidding, hope it's not true. :)

I opened this thread because I saw a video on YouTube where some girls were slapping another girl just to have something to upload on the net... :nono:

Lot of this types of stuffs going on on net so very difficult for everyone to keep away from those :shifty:

DON.

Youtube and other video upload sites need to start getting charged by the police for distributing illegal material. If it is illegal to carry out an act, it is ALSO illegal to incite such an act. happy slapping is a craze that has been made popular by the media.

We need to step in and protect out children. What next, badger baiting videos, child rape live on youtube? harsh maybe but illegality is illegality and I am all for the zero tolerance approach. Drop the silly laws and enforce those that matter. move to a 2 tier offence system as in America misdemeanours and felonies.

You should teach your child what is good and what is wrong. Nothing stop him if he wants to watch adult web. BUT his wish is a mirrow of bringing up of your child

Personally i am in the room with my child while they are surfing around, i see how letting a young child surf the internet alone will ever end in anything positive.

Personally i am in the room with my child while they are surfing around, i see how letting a young child surf the internet alone will ever end in anything positive.

Too right, I watch mine like a hawk when she is online as I know that even with the best protective software running, there are some sites that will sneak past.

I know it will upset some people saying this, but kids are better at finding naughty things on the net than I am, and I have used the net ever since it was started, I was in fact one of the people who helped to form it way back in 1982.
Most children have better spelling to find naughty sites than is seen in school work books, that I know because my own daughter is good at finding sites that make my hair stand on end, what bit I have that is.
David

Hello there, no it was not a Dragon, that was some years later that one, no the systems we used in those early days was called MSX 1 & MSX2 and I was with Prestel & Compuserve, with modems for internet at 300 baud in and 75 out, I can say that no naughty things were on the what we called the Super High Way in those early days, but we did have colour pages and pics, not sure what happened but people never thought about putting sex stuff on any of our millions of pages. Micronet also had millions of websites but again it was stuff like MOD/BBC/Firms selling things, we at Alternative4u were one of the early people who sold on the net 22 years ago, everything and everyone was safe in those days, heck what happened to us?
David

Great tips you have shared. It is very important these days to monitor what your kids are doing on the internet. there are some scary people out there.

These are not bad I suppose but if you was to buy them a cheap computer first and then let them get on it and roam the internet as they please then it would help them gain a great ordeal of common knowledge involving the internet. But I would suggest them not to share and personal information or data with strangers online.

I have used ESET antivirus and it has a nice feature to stop adult stuff. You can just set up family protection and you have no concern about adult stuff.

I have nieces and nephews but I care for them as much as a mother would. I care a lot and pay attention to what they're playing with and watching on the net and television. I agree with some of the suggested ways above but here's my own view on some of those.

As I've observed on the cartoon channels we currently have locally, most are violence-dominated, heavily inclined on bullying aspects. I guess that's how cartoons have already been through so many years. We may not see it through all those Tom and Jerry series, but for me, it's like bullying some being that may seem weaker than the dominating character. I see that as a dangerous depiction of what a child could comprehend from something that appears to be so harmless, because hey, it's a cartoon anyway. I think, it's not just bullying that's being projected by the seemingly harmless cartoon series, but also, how children can copy some images and impressions a cartoon character possesses. Like how it speaks, the way it can express some expressions most of which are nonsensically essential to a child's everyday living and development and most of all I'm concerned with are the ways it is being dressed. Think: revealing and skimpy outfits. That's why, some young girls unknowingly demands things and dresses that are for hookers. On the good side though, it's nice that some princesses are still dressed long and covered enough to show dignity.

For YouTube, I've let my niece watch an hour-long video of various nursery rhymes because the HDD her mother saved her nursery rhymes went missing. At the first minutes, it was going well, then suddenly an ad came up, started playing, and guess what, it was a girl wearing very skimpy outfit, and holding a long-necked bottle of liquor. To my dismay, I clicked another suggested nursery rhymes video immediately.

So yes, we really have to protect our children from these things on the internet. As big companies only care for their revenues and not for the safety of the children's development.

banners
Back