The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Promoting Amazon through PPC

ishkash

hey guys....
iv'e wanted to ask:
do you promote amazon products through ppc and if so, can you make
profits with amazon in ppc? (i know amazon won't let you promote them with ppc directly so i'm promoting amazon through my site wich is promoted with ppc). the problem is amazons commissions are very low and ppc costs alot of money so i wonder if one can make money that way...

This is hard to answer because I am not sure if either Google or Yahoo will allow you to post an affiliate link to Amazon. What I would do is to actually email or call them up and ask them.

In most cases, you should read their rules to see if they say anything about this.

I am not sure if they changed it but Amazon would not pay commissions to links it received through PPC campaigns. You can still try it but the PPC campaign must point to your site, and then your site will need the affiliate link. I tried it and could only do break even at best.

There is one site that is following the method and they have quite a few ads up but I dont know if they are actually making any money off of it.

Yep, Amazon definitely stopped paying commissions for PPC ads with their direct links.
They are running a MASSIVE campaign themselves on AdWords, Bing.
Question is - Amazon is so diverse with products now, but books and ebooks are still the main product, do you have an eBook blog or review site?

about Amazon, you need a lot of traffic to make it work as it should.

affiliate rates are very low, so.... well, make some math.

Someone said you can earn with just 100 visitors daily. I don't believe it, but if you made it this way, please tell us.

It is against Amazon's Affiliate TOS to send traffic to their site directly via PPC.

It definitely has gotten harder to compete organically also as Google favors the big box stores over affiliates.

So your best bet may be to build an authority website and build traffic via a number of methods including syndication. And you could also include higher paying CPA products.

banners
Back