The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Posting content to article directory or WordPress?

dorian2786

affiliate
I've been hearing so many good things about wordpress and how it is the ideal place for blogging. However, when it comes to ranking well on search engines for content that is optimized for a certain keyword, is it better to post that article on somewhere like ezine articles or wordpress?

Maybe I am making a mistake, but from all the low competition keyword search terms I generation, I have posted all articles for each keyword to my WordPress blog and none of them to ezine article or other sources like Squidoo.

Am I making a mistake?

I thought that is wordpress has a higher PR than ezine then just posting content to a blog would be the best bet, and not to mention that posting is just a click away to publish something opposed to having it accepted by ezines.

I would appreciate any feedback.

If anyone else is doing article marketing, please let me know the sources that you have been the most successful with.

I am contemplating which of the following to spend the most of my time with and which to use in conjunction with each other.

1. Squidoo
2. Posting to article directories
3. WordPress posts
4. Social bookmarkings / Web 2.0

Thanks.

My blog is one of those "occasional postings" blogs where I post only when I have a combination of time, inclination, and something to say. Even so, I find that Google will typically index a new post within minutes.

I personally don't have much faith in article directories or social bookmarking sites because I think what they get you is a brief flurry of activity once in a while but little in the way of sustained traffic.

I'm a big RSS feed reader fan (Bloglines primarily) - that may color my preferences and prejudices - but I would recommend continuing to focus your efforts on your WordPress posts, personally.

I'm virtually certain others will disagree with me, of course. :)

I'm with minstrel for additional reasons and vote Wordpress - PROVIDING you are talking WP on your own domain. That's what minstrel and I think is best.

It sounds like you are talking about Wordpress.org which is different.

If I'm going to go to all the trouble to write blog posts and/or articles, they are going on my blog on my own domain. I want the content I generate to be spiderfood for me, drive traffic to my own property and belong to me.

Even though article directories and hosted blogs may have high PR they have a TON of unrelated content which waters down the power the PR has I think.

I think your own blog with all content focused on one niche can do better over time, providing you do good SEO and link building. Part of the ranking algo deals with relevance. If your blog is all about green widgets it's possible your green widget article would rank higher on your site than an article directory filled with thousands of topics. (Providing your domain has some age, SEO and inbound links).

Now many do article marketing, I've never been a fan, but I'm not saying don't do it. I just see posting on OTHER sites as an adjunct and posting on a blog on your own domain should be the main attraction.
My 2 cents...

PROVIDING you are talking WP on your own domain...

It sounds like you are talking about Wordpress.org which is different.

If I'm going to go to all the trouble to write blog posts and/or articles, they are going on my blog on my own domain. I want the content I generate to be spiderfood for me, drive traffic to my own property and belong to me.

Yes, exactly. I guess I assume by now that it would be hosted on one's own domain but obviously that isn't an assumption I should make.

Even though article directories and hosted blogs may have high PR they have a TON of unrelated content which waters down the power the PR has I think.

I agree.

I think your own blog with all content focused on one niche can do better over time, providing you do good SEO and link building. Part of the ranking algo deals with relevance. If your blog is all about green widgets it's possible your green widget article would rank higher on your site than an article directory filled with thousands of topics. (Providing your domain has some age, SEO and inbound links).

Now many do article marketing, I've never been a fan, but I'm not saying don't do it. I just see posting on OTHER sites as an adjunct and posting on a blog on your own domain should be the main attraction.
My 2 cents...

And I'll add my 2 cents to that, so now you have almost a nickel. :)

Linda, pardon me for going off-topic here but see the missing quote images above. I've seen other missing images browsing this forum - I think there's some incorrect paths in your default style.

"missing quote images" I don't see what you mean. I don't see any missing images.
Maybe because they are missing. :p But I don't see anything wrong when viewing with FF 3.
Please send me an email with more details.

Thanks for catching!

Interesting you mentioned that there are 2 different WordPress sites. What is the difference between the .org and .com one?

I just recently finished finished an excellent product on article marketing. One of the main things constantly mentioned was to write between 10-20 articles per product/niche you are promoting and link them to a specific blog you have for your niche. This is discussed as a very fast way for your blog to get a high page rank.

Linda, if you aren't a fan of article marketing, how do you achieve high ranks with your blog? I'm used to the method of using ezine articles to link back to a blog to increase it's PR.

Another thing was the mention of how valuable social bookmark sites are. Many people get a lot of consistent monthly traffic from doing so, I don't understand why Minstrel said that the traffic obtained was just in quick burst and short.

I guess it depends if you are using the social bookmark sites and getting traffic from the sites themselves or utilizing them as a way to make your sites and articles more SEO friendly.

What on earth is the 30 day challenge people teaching newbies in order for them to be able to compete with 30,000 exact results? I heard that to start it must be around 500-10,000, anything more is doable but with more work and with a longer web presence, like a blog that has been around for a while and has had numerous links.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi minstrel,

No the image is a gif it looks like. The image is missing but with FF there is no red x or anything so I could not even tell except when I viewed source. I just checked in IE7 and it's glaringly obvious somethings messed up.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/images/steel/steel/buttons/viewpost.gif

I just paid someone to do an upgrade and they had to rebuild the template to some degree to make everything work. I don't even know if there was ever an image there, don't remember. I'll have to see if I can find it and copy it to that image folder.

GOOD CATCH! Embarrassed everyone's been seeing my red X's. Feel like I would if I just found out I'd been running around all day with a hole in my pants. :p

Dorian,

"2 different WordPress sites. What is the difference between the .org and .com one?"

.org is like having a blog on blogger. They make the rules, your blog is on THEIR site, you are driving traffic to them. So it's like renting an apartment. Wordpress.com is where you get support for the Wordpress software that you can install on your own server - so you own and host your own blog.

"Linda, if you aren't a fan of article marketing, how do you achieve high ranks with your blog?"

I get high rankings (like #1 in all the search engines for "affiliate blogs") by doing blog marketing
the way it was designed. In it's most natural form.

You write good content people want to link to and want to write about and quote with a link back.
I've never posted an article on an article directory or done a lens or anything like that. Not to say those are bad strategies, they just aren't for me.

MI
Back