The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Postback what does this mean

Quang

I create landing page and I only insert shorten offer link tracking in to button "Download" (offer mobile). I don't know what does postback mean and how to use it. Someone help me explanations and instructions on how to use.

Hey, @Quang how are you? I'll be glad to help you out. What tracking system do you use?

Let me show you how easy it can be with AdsBridge. First of all you have to know, that we are integrated with the most popular affiliate network, so you postback will be generated automatically.

Server-to-server postback URL is the most secure and reliable method of counting conversions. Use the URLs which you can see on the 3-rd step of creating campaings to pass conversions from affiliate networks. To get your postback links working you have to:
Include the {token} parameter in your offer's URLs. For example, you can add ?token1={token1} to the offer's URL to have the click ID passed to the postback via the Token parameter on the affiliate network/advertiser side.
Copy-paste the postback URL to your affiliate network panel. Make sure to replace the YOUR NETWORK TOKEN with #s2# if your affiliate network uses the Cake platform or {aff_sub2} if they use HasOffers. Ask your affiliate manager for the relevant token if the network uses a custom platform. Below is what your postback URL will look like on a HasOffers based network:
http://xxxxx.ab4all.com/trackpixel/track?tid=YOUR_NETWORK_TOKEN&amt=REPLACE&txid=REPLACE&cdata=YOUR _CUSTOM_DATA&status=REPLACE

xxxxx -
your unique subdomain in our system
tid – is used for passing the AdsBridge click ID from affiliate network back to tracker. It is the only required parameter in the postback without which conversions won’t be passed.
After the “=” sign in this parameter, you need to insert affiliate network macro instead of YOUR_NETWORK_TOKEN, which will be replaced by the value that came in a parameter entered in the Tracking Sub ID field when setting an offer.
amt – passes the dynamic value of a payout by conversion.
txid – is set only for CPS offers. It allows tracking of several conversions from one click ID.
cdata – passes any parameter straight to the source traffic without saving on our side.
status - passes the status of conversion, if your affiliate network provides such kind of option.

To set the postback correctly, you need to substitude placeholders like YOUR_NETWORK_TOKEN, REPLACE with the relevant parameters of your affiliate network and delete the part of the postback, that won't transfer any information.

banners
Back