The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Please, Help. My webpage has been dropped off

mariajesuspedroche

affiliate
Good afternoon,

My website Relacionesocasionalesonline(dot)com used to be on the first 10 results for almost a month by the query of "relaciones ocasionales" in Google.es
. Since yesterday, it has suddenly dessappeared and I get some results from post by page 10.

This page has post that redirects to merchants through affiliate platforms such as NetAffiliation, Tradedoubler, etc.

The curious thing is that I used to have the results from my homepage, and now homepage does not appear anymore by searching "relaciones ocasionales" and the only results I have is for simple posts in page 10!!

Same thing just happened to me with the website Outletspain(dot)net. In this website, first I got thrown away from Adwords with the "low quality" message, and then dropped off from results by "outlet ropa".

Please, I would like to receive some advice about if this is fixable and how can I fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Maria Jesus Pedroche

First, how new or old are your sites? If they are fairly new (less than 6 months or so), what you're seeing isn't that unusual.

Second, you may have heard of Google's Mayday Update which coincided with (or was combined with) the rollout of the Google Caffiene infrastructure changes. There have been recent rumors of a second update ongoing now similar to the Mayday Update (the Labor Day update perhaps?). Mayday had a big effect on affiliate sites; if there is an update to that, one might expect a similar impact on affiliate sites.

In fact, RelacionesOcasionalesonline is about 1 month old, but Outletspain is almost 1 year old.

Is there any Crusade against Affiliate Marketers by Google?

Well lets see, did you change the website..do any on page optimization? Maybe you had 2 good quality backlinks then added more backlinks that werent any good..that can have an effect as well.

Relying on Google

That is why I'm turning all my campaigns and not relying on Google anymore. It's scary having your income turned upside down by the big G.

Personally, I work in small niches which may not have that much traffic, but is very targeted, so there is very good conversions - not that uncommon for IMs. However, I dominate each niche.

When I say dominate, I use Youtube, Hubpages, Squidoo, Flickr, fanpages of FB, etc. and try to get three or four ranked on the first page along with my main website. Therefore, if G kicks your main site out of the top ten of your niche, you still have let's say an optimized article from Hubpages, optimized vid from Youtube and another optimized article from Squidoo ranking in the top ten. Then they have links back to your main website.

Don't let Google use you. You USE Google. If you dominate your niches by these web 2.0 props - you should be ok, even if G decides to drop your main site.

I agree to an extent with what you say, bigcat.

I don't think you can avoid catering to Google entirely but you can't spend your life hyperanalyzing Google's every move or trying to guess what Google will do next. That's a fool's game.

One of the age-old rules of internet marketing in any of its forms is "don't put all your eggs in one basket".

Right now I believe that backlinks, the more the better and the better they are, the better, are the main key to Page One Rankings in G.

That's been ever increasing in significance for the last year or so.

Just my $0.025,

John

Don't let Google use you. You USE Google. If you dominate your niches by these web 2.0 props - you should be ok, even if G decides to drop your main site.

haha thats a GREAT attitude :)
Keep that up and youll grow to be a humongous bigcat!

I generally find that the older the site the less it dances around on Google. I have one betting website that is about 5 years old now and I haven't built a single backlink to it for about 2 years now, yet it has never moved from the number 2 position for a very competitive keyword.

However newer sites as well as inner pages of a blog dance around regularly. This is particularly true when you do some article marketing, for instance, and link to a particular page. It can sometimes disappear from the first page of results for a few days, but it will nearly always return either in the same position as before or slightly higher.

I agree, it's just the Google Dance. Your site will be back, they're just redoing the results for that particular keyword right now.

You're just seeing the Google Dance. Keep building backlinks and relevant content, and things will sort themselves out naturally.

There is no Google Dance.

See http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...positions-one-day-google-dance.html#post64672

The term "Google Dance" is an old one used to refer to the manner in which Google used to roll out updates in rankings or algorithms across all of their datacenters. If you monitored all the datacenters, you would see PageRank and ranking positions fluctuating across the datacenters, much as the VU meters in a recording studio dance up and down to changing volume levels. Additionally, as the update rolled out, you would often see evidence of Google tweaking it as it went along. At times, this could go on for days or a couple of weeks before it all settled down.

These days, Google has a lot more computing power and generally changes occur on an ongoing basis in a process called "everflux". When they do roll out a major algorithm change, as appears to be the case with Google Caffeine which is set to be launched sometime in January, they generally debug it on a test datacenter first (as is happening now) and then when the roll out happens it is generally a relatively smooth process.

See also this recent article by Barry Schwartz (aka RustyBruck) of Search Engine Land which includes a video by Matt Cutts explaining why they abandoned the old monthly "Google Dance" updates in 2003:

What Happened To The Monthly Google Dance?
by Barry Schwartz
Sep 23, 2009

Back in the ‘old days’ of Google and the SEO industry, “Google Dance” was a term used often in the industry. Back then, a “Google Dance” referred to the about monthly updates Google pushed out to their index. Every month or so, SEOs and Webmasters waited for the “Google Dance” to see if their rankings would increase or decrease – yes, this included PageRank updates. Nowadays, you rarely hear about people talking about a Google Dance because Google releases updates, mostly minor, throughout the day. These include index updates every minute and algorithm updates several times per month, over once a day.

Video by Matt Cutts:YouTube - Will you provide information about algorithm updates?

I think the best way is using trial and error rather than trying to figure out the algorithm for google, because that's impossible!!!

I think the best way is using trial and error rather than trying to figure out the algorithm for google, because that's impossible!!!

That's the worst way to do it. You don't need to figure out all of Google's algorithms to understand that some things are known to help and others known to hurt. Start by reading Google's own SEO Starter document.

I generally find that the older the site the less it dances around on Google. I have one betting website that is about 5 years old now and I haven't built a single backlink to it for about 2 years now, yet it has never moved from the number 2 position for a very competitive keyword.

I believe you. We have 6 year old websites that we dont build new backlinks for but they stand strong ranking-wise...compared to our baby sites that actually have more stronger backlinks

Well it sounds like all the responses are correct but no one asked if you had been doing any shady black hat techniques which surprised me. From what you said about one of your pages being page 1 and then being totally unindexed suggests to me that you had some bad links to that page, Google thought you were trying to manipulate and they sandboxed the page. Thats what it sounds like to me.

MI
Back