The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

PHP Editing

funkypilchard

affiliate
Hello all, I have recently had a web site built on my behalf, it is an ecommerce site with a secure certificate added.

I am fairly conversant with ftp so I know how to download files and upload them again once they are edited.

I have two questions if anyone can help please?

1. What I would like to do is to change small amounts of text on the website, I can download the entire website onto my p.c. no problem, I can view the source code in word pad of the page I want to edit and I can see what needs to be edited but I can't save the edit as a php file, also I can't open any of the php files to see what the web page will look like physically before I upload back onto my web space, I understand this may be complicated, any ideas?

2. If I just want to change txt on the footer or bottom banner, as the bottom banner is the same on every page, do I only need to edit the file names "bottom banner" or whatever it is and then when I upload back to my web space all pages will pull that same banner out to display in each page?

Thanks for your time.
Funky

As far as I know php is a server language soo it's not possible to display that only at the server space, but with notepad it should be editable. For your second question the answer i guess so. In general the dynamic sites are built up from smaller parts in order to speed up the loading time. For instance the directory script i use this row: <?php include('./style/footer.php'); ?> make the footer display. Editing the template file should be enough.

ok thanks.

So... If I open the footer file and change in word pad then save as.. what should I save it as? I notice that my p.c. has updated all the files I downloaded from php files (that I could open in word pad) to wordpad files? does this matter if I upload the changed file back to my web space as a word file and not php? thanks

When I modify a php using total commander file firstly i press F5 to create a backup. After doing that i press F4 for editing. When i finish i press ctr+s for saving that. The software automatically ask whether i want to overwrite the file by uploading to the server. Choosing yes the new file is available at the server;)

I actually managed to save as a php file in word pad and uploaded it to my web space and it seemed to be fine but I also downloaded your above programme which I will try and use, looks good.

banners
Back