The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PayPal

MsJaxxee

affiliate
I only wanted to know if there may be another payment option other than paypal for using on the internet for buying website building software or other products. Do affiliate sites really need paypal, and if every time we'd need to make any kind of purchase or pay for hosting, upgrade or renew a website subscription, or buy add on's such as any kind of software or enhancements, are we forced to always have to use paypal for our needs? Paypal took money from my checking account several times, forcing me to have to close my accounts. This was when I had a store with ebay, which I also ended up having to close along with my paypal account in order to keep them from further stealing any more money from my remaining accounts. Then, recently, they took 1.96 twice from my account when I was trying to make a purchase from one of the ebay vendors. I ended up too disgusted to try to get the product from ebay, and paid more for the item by purchasing it elsewhere. :mad::mad::mad:

The money was never refunded that time either, plus, in the first incident I was forced to go out and purchase a money order and mail it to the vendor, then wait for it to be received by the vendor and cashed before the vendor would mail the package, thereby delaying receipt of my merchandise. And they never refunded either instance of the 1.96. Is there ANY OTHER WAY TO TRANSACT MONEY BUSINESS RATHER THAN THROUGH PAYPAL? H-E-L-P!!!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you not able to use a regular credit card or debit card? That's all I use, even when paying someone who has PayPal on their end.

Whenever I can,I most certainly do! In dealing with some sites the only method they have is that hateful paypal. I'm doing a trial web build right now and I see that the site asks for their payments through paypal. I hate paypal and avoid it as much as I possibly can. I did ask the webmaster if that's the only method of payment that's acceptable. He hasn't replied yet, but if his answer is "yes," then I won't buy his set up. I'm still looking for a web building site anyway, so if he only accepts paypal, I'll keep on looking. Thanks for your input.

Rereading your first post above I guess I did not understand orginally. If I understand now, your past experience where PayPal took some funds that you felt were not appropriate is keeping you from using them again, correct? If so, you should be able to dispute any problems with PayPal, if they were not clearly part of the purchase agreement. If it was me I'd probably give them a couple more chances and see how it goes.

In any case, sorry to hear of your struggle. No fun I know.

Between my bank and I and every agency I could think of, I tried to recoup my losses from the first incidence of unauthorized charges against my account, and while doing so, the dirty things took a second bite out of my account. This is when I was forced to close my accounts, to prevent a third incident of fraudulent charges from being debited from my hard-earned and much needed money. There are certain entities here on the internet who've moved in as THE "experts" and have come VERY close to being giant monopolies. Paypal operates as one.

I know you can find other web design programs that will take a CC. Just make sure when you purchase ANYTHING on the internet find out what their return policy is.

Due to the cost of fraud with CC's and visa/debit cards, I know many people who only use one CC online with a very low available credit.
This helps 2 ways.
1. tracks purchases for a home business easier.
2. can quickly scan statement each month to make sure they are all legit.

When purchasing items for my business, I find that most merchants have multiple methods of payments.

Because you said you have had problems with paypal taking money from your checking account, you could have the paypal account attached to a credit card only.

Whenever I can,I most certainly do! In dealing with some sites the only method they have is that hateful paypal. I'm doing a trial web build right now and I see that the site asks for their payments through paypal. I hate paypal and avoid it as much as I possibly can. I did ask the webmaster if that's the only method of payment that's acceptable. He hasn't replied yet, but if his answer is "yes," then I won't buy his set up. I'm still looking for a web building site anyway, so if he only accepts paypal, I'll keep on looking. Thanks for your input.

Even where the only option on a site is PayPal, that doesn't mean YOU the BUYER must have a PayPal account. You can use any valid major credit card or certain US debit cards to make the purchase.

If you are the SELLER, though, you are goling to need some sort of payment processing service. The easiest to set up are probably PayPal and Google's similar service, Google Checkout.

MI
Back