The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Parked domains and google

ivansc

affiliate
Have just purchased two more domains that are close to my original, parked them with my hosting service and put in a redirect to my main site address.
Soo... I have tried searching on Google using the new domain names in full & thus far nothing has come up.
Is this simpoly a question of being patient until Google decides to index my parked sitenames, or can I do something to get them noticed sooner?

Sorry if this is a dumb newb question, but I AM a dumb noobie.

Ivan

Patience is virtue, it can take some time until google will pick this up. Just wait and good things may happen.

(grin) weelll I`llll be darned!

Google has now seen fit to wipe my original domain from its records, as well as ignoring the others. Can`t even get a hit now when I type the actual url in!
What gives?
didnt change a dern thing on my original homepage, either.

I don't suggest to redirect the new domains to your website. Why don't you make 2 more sites, similar to yours ? Not too similar though because google might take it as a duplicate, so slightly diferent.
Just suggesting :)

I wouldn't redirect multiple domains with similar keyword to your domain, you run the risk of getting penalized if it gets picked up on. This method has been used in the past/now by spammers to get multiple domains up in the hope of getting picked up on more keywords. If you are worried about someone else using them, just buy them and leave them dormant.

What did you hope to gain by domain spamming ?? Every time you register another domain and point it to the same content, Google is unlikely to be impressed and could take exception. Why not do it right and have one site with one domain name and stop playing with smoke and mirrors.

It pays in the long run.

What did you hope to gain by domain spamming ?? Every time you register another domain and point it to the same content, Google is unlikely to be impressed and could take exception. Why not do it right and have one site with one domain name and stop playing with smoke and mirrors.

It pays in the long run.

Okay you are obviously overlooking that I don`t have a clue what I am doing - total newb.
At present I have bought the other 2 domains and parked them.
Am I doing something wrong doing that?
I was hoping to simply set them up so that if somebody typed in the url it would still direct them to my actual site.
Seen this done on loads of sites and assumed it was good practice, let alone frowned upon.
What SHOULD I be doing?
:helpsign:

Multiple domains can be interpreted by Search Engines as a bit of trickery if used the wrong way. The best thing to do IMO is as you say, park them. Then just implement a301 redirect to your main site. Make sure it is a 301 because that indicates to an SE that the redirect is permanent. When you have done this, Check the response header is actually giving a 301 response.

If you don't know how to do this, there are many online tools that will help you, just search Google for check for 301

Alternatively, there are a number of Add-ons or Plug ins for Firefox that will also check this out for you.

MI
Back