The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Paid Survey Programs?

CaptGage

affiliate
Anyone ever tried taking paid surveys or affiliate programs where you promote them? I don't know. Some people claim they make some good money with them, but you've got to be careful. You have to sign up for all sorts of things, and you have to make sure any money you spend that way is less than the money you were offered to take the survey.

I seriously would not get into those if I were you. They get your credit card information and things just start suddenly appearing on your statements. I'm not just giving you theory here. This happened to me about 2 years ago and it took me almost this long to completely end it.

It's bad news I'm telling you.

Sheree

You must have joined a bad one because I have joined a fair few and have not had a problem yet. Perhaps it would be a good idea if you told us which one is the bad apple so no-one else gets sucked in.

Good points on both parts

Identity theft could happen anywhere, or if not, you still have to make ROCK SURE that you've cancelled with the companies whose offers you had to complete to get paid for the surveys. I don't think it's for me, but it seems popular with many others.

I think we are getting confused here. You are talking about being an affiliate to those paid programs and promoting them on your website right?

Why would you then have to sign up for all sorts of things? I would believe that it would be through some affiliate network or direct affiliation with them.

Anyone ever tried taking paid surveys or affiliate programs where you promote them? I don't know. Some people claim they make some good money with them, but you've got to be careful. You have to sign up for all sorts of things, and you have to make sure any money you spend that way is less than the money you were offered to take the survey.

It is my experience with all the free survey companies that I have joined that once a member the only email I have ever received is for surveys and I have always remained anonymous when completing these surveys. There was never any cost to me and I was always rewarded.

All of the "surveys" I ever saw that actually paid you any money were those that you had to sign up to try something and then cancel after the trial period. I never got any money for actually taking surveys. Either they say you're not in an elligable category for the group they need or they give you points or something like that.

The best I ever got was a $40 check from a survey company but it took forever. To me, it's too much tedious work for too little pay.

Sheree

*ding*! Precisely!!!

You SOOOO hit the nail RIGHT ON THE HEAD!! Then again, I'm not an expert. Just my experience so far. Good luck to everyone with whatever they do, though.

I don't know, I've made over a couple hundred bucks. I reckon it's a pretty good fill in when I have some spare time.

Haven't really tried any surveys at all. But, I do know that often people get stuck up on these when they type "Make Money Online" on Google. Most PPC ads are those survey sites. 90% of people get stuck in them. 10% actually discover affiliate marketing. and out of those 10% only 5 % succeed in making some sort of income. 1% succeed in making full time income. And only .05 out of the 100% of 10% affiliates percent become super affiliates. phew - and we thought making money online was all that simple.

P.S - I just made up these stats, but I am sure they are somewhat correct ;)

You might be able to make some money from affiliate programs for surveys.with the right traffic, etc..but you're not going to make big money taking them. Those "Get paid 200.00 an hour" ads are all BS and their directories have the same companies in them you can find on your own for free by searching for them. Those sites that say they pay you for surveys and then require you to sign up for offers and then cancel them are all a crock too..they're not survey companies obviously, they're "get paid to" sites .. places like Treasure Trooper and Cashcrate, etc...they do pay you, and you can make some money, but then you have to remember to cancel after you signup, and you end up with a bunch of spam from giving these companies your email and CC info. I just don't see how those sites continue to stay in business, the advertisers are paying the owners as affiliates, but people just sign up and cancel..and some create multiple emails, etc so they can sign up at different sites for the same offer..so the advertisers are throwing away their money. Unless they have some hidden benefit from the kind of people they get through these programs, I really don't see why advertisers allow these people to continue doing it.

There are a few legit survey companies that do pay for actually taking real surveys in cash..if you can manage to qualify for a survey, which is pretty hard unless you're in the right demographic, and I'm, unfortunately, not in the rgiht one for most of the paid surveys LOL The best one is Pinecone Research. I make about 15.00 to 20.00 a month from them. They pay you 5.00 per survey, dont make you do stupid "screener" questions before the survey, don't make you qualify for the surveys and then tell you no thanks after you fill out a bunch of questions. The only thing is, the only way to join is to find a banner somewhere online. They don't let you sign up directly from their site and they don't have an affiliate program. Once you take a survey for them, they pay you through Paypal the next day or two. A few others have paid me 2.00 or 3.00 here and there, but the majority are a waste of time because they pay you in points or sweepstakes entries. I only take the cash ones, except for Surveyspot and Marketsurveys. Greenfield Online sends a fair amount of survey invites and they do offer cash for some surveys but they mostly offer sweepstakes entries..its hard to qualify for one of their surveys though.. but you get the sweepstakes entry even if you dont qualify, so i just deliberately answer the firse couple questions so that I won't get selected and get my free entry LOL

Well i would say there genuine once but we all have to do good research to find out which is real before we would start experiencing bad statements on our credit cards.

Thanks every one here because this has really helped me as new person on this furum.

You know, with all of the time spent on getting "points" or sweepstakes entries or if you're lucky, the minuscule amount you actually get paid, you could be using to learn and put to action a more viable online income such as affiliate marketing.

I would much rather promote a product as an affiliate that is helpful and delivers what is promised than I would promoting ads that tell people they can make $75-200 an hour filling out surveys while I know in reality it's complete crap.

Sheree

Exactly, marketingmama

This thread has helped me too. I'm even gladder that I lost interest so quickly in 'paid survey' programs.

Hi!

I've joined a couple of survey programs. Some of them I never even had the option of doing offers and others, they give you the option to, but it's not manditory. I wouldn't recommend trying to use what you make to live off of though.

banners
Back