The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PageRank discrepancy between Google Tool bar and Google Directory

temi

affiliate
Apparently, there are discripancies between the PR listed in Google Directory for some site and Google toolbar PR, has anyone noticed this?

Apparently, there are discripancies between the PR listed in Google Directory for some site and Google toolbar PR, has anyone noticed this?

I have Temi, for most sites seem to be out about 1 PR, some are ok but most seem to be returning different results from every where, i am checking up to 68 different data centers to to which return in-consistent results...?? :confused:

Very strange, I wonder why :eek:

I've heard people saying that this toolbar update is based on a old snapshot taken in November sometime...so it might be that the toolbar shows that PR and the directory the actual PR...don't know...just a thought...

God knows how the hell are they working up there and what other surPRises are they going to come up with.

I found the the current PR reported on iwebtool is incorrect and the reported update did not happen.

The site that is listed as a current PR3 changed to PR4 but was predicted to go to PR5, still says PR3 in iwebtools.

The Google Toolbar has always been massively innaccurate and unreliable. In fact about the only use it has ever been is to help establish if a site has been penalised or excluded. The real PR is of course a hidden parrameter that Google has no intention of releasing in real time enabling Spammers to repeatedly tweak and measure.

Also, don't forget that the resolution is Logrithmic to the base of 8. This means that an increase from 4 to 6 is not plus 50%, it is actually plus 6,400% Yes that is six thousand four hundred percent. So the green bar steps may not show any improvement if your actual PR as a linear number were to treble.

Just a novelty Toy and I suspect the intention was always just to provide yet another factor to make Googles the most talked about phenominum of the Internet.

MI
Back