The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Optimizing Question

Hey everyone,

I've started a new mobile campaign and spent around $70 to make about $20 which is a return around - 73%. I think I'll continue this campaign as I'm learning a truckload. (Hopefully turn this into the green!)

A couple of questions for you;

I'm unsure whether I should be optimising this campaign earlier on Apps (I've removed any significant high spending apps from the campaign) or leave the Apps in place and keep testing new angles and landers?

Secondly, would I benefit from testing different offers?

FYI - direct linking seems to convert around the same as a lander - so I'm thinking my landers/angles (LP CTR = 9%) aren't the best so I'll keep trying. (Both lander and direct link conversion is to a mobile dating offer.)

Any ideas would be appreciated!

I would test new angles and landers first and turn this into green before I unblock the apps to see if the new stuff works there. Once you can figure out the angle that works, you can test the apps that are burning your budget right now.

And yes you should work on your LP CTR. 9% is quite low. Although if the conversion rate (off the 9% is really high) then that's good. That means you are qualifying your leads very well.

As to the question about testing multiple offers, I don't see why you shouldn't do that. Assuming both the offers appeal to the same target audience, split testing the offer is a good idea. In my Testing hierarchy list, offers rank first.

Good luck!

I would test new angles and landers first and turn this into green before I unblock the apps to see if the new stuff works there. Once you can figure out the angle that works, you can test the apps that are burning your budget right now.

And yes you should work on your LP CTR. 9% is quite low. Although if the conversion rate (off the 9% is really high) then that's good. That means you are qualifying your leads very well.

As to the question about testing multiple offers, I don't see why you shouldn't do that. Assuming both the offers appeal to the same target audience, split testing the offer is a good idea. In my Testing hierarchy list, offers rank first.

Good luck!

Thanks Captain. When you're starting out like me, you have lots of questions but nothing to go by. So I appreciate getting some experience here.

Just something else which has raised its head today - Do you ever see a Mobile campaign where WiFi traffic responds to a different angle as Cellular traffic? My stats are showing this, but logic would suggest they should respond similar?!? I'm thinking because of that, I should treat this as 2 separate campaigns?

Thanks Captain. When you're starting out like me, you have lots of questions but nothing to go by. So I appreciate getting some experience here.

Just something else which has raised its head today - Do you ever see a Mobile campaign where WiFi traffic responds to a different angle as Cellular traffic? My stats are showing this, but logic would suggest they should respond similar?!? I'm thinking because of that, I should treat this as 2 separate campaigns?

Think about it, when you are on Wifi, you are probably in an office or at home or a coffee shop. You are more relaxed and have more time in your hands and you are not limited by the data package. Your mentality is different. You have time and bandwidth to go after your curiosity.

When you are on cellular traffic, you are probably on the move, you have a short attention span and no bandwidth or time to go after your curiosity.

Also the people who use them are different. Not everyone has a data package you know. Especially kids, they probably only have access to wifi.

These are the four campaigns that you need:
Wifi + Site
Wifi + App
Cellular + Site
Cellular + App

If I am on a limited budget I would go with just Cellular + Site at first.

MI
Back