The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Optimizing for a Small Town

bigcat1967

First of all - I'm always posting crazy questions in here because I'm trying different things out. "Fall down seven times - get up eight". I like that quote.

With that being said....

This is something I'll be trying - just wondering if you guys have.

I'll be testing out a video where I'll upload it to youtube - optimize the title and the description. For an example - I'll have the title as "home remodeling Zanesville Ohio". Now, just to bring everybody up to speed, Zanesville isn't that big of a town - no matter what - it will probably hit the first page w/out any backlinks.

So basically, I'll optimize this from town to town where they (the towns) are small to medium in size and at least an hour away from any major city. My Theory is, I'll get a little bit of traffic - but when you add all the towns up - they can bring in a decent amount of traffic. I hope I'm making sense here.

I'll be doing the same for article marketing and for web pages as well. I did one test for a single web page - came up on the first page in several niches for a small town.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried this before? (I'm sure someone has...)

Quite a common method actually but only works if people are actually searching for your keywords.

Have you checked if anyone searches for that keyphrase?

How do you plan to monetize the traffic?

What you are trying to do sounds good and it will work. I have used similar techniques to grab local traffic but for Real Estate sites.

Make sure that you build up some backlinks for the videos, articles etc so that it can help to gain traction in the SERPS.

And after you get those in the SERPS you can interlink some of them and play around with that and see if you can increase the rankings.

Zanesville is a neat town, I have family property in a small town just west of there and would go up to Zanesville to ride this boat that would take you on a few hour tour of the river.

Zanesville is a neat town, I have family property in a small town just west of there and would go up to Zanesville to ride this boat that would take you on a few hour tour of the river.

That's so funny. I grew up there. I believe the boat was called the Lorana - or something like that.

I really appreciate your help.

MI
Back