The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Only $200 Dollars To Start

mikepyles

:confused: someone ask the question if they had only $200 to start marketing a product
what would be the best place to start.any suggestions would be helpful.

$200.00 huh.....Well do they have any PPC experience? If you do that's your bread and butter but 200.00 doesn't go as far as it used to =)

Down and Dirty:

1. Pick up a targted domain name -$18 /2-yr registration
  2. Get a cheap web hosting plan - $4-$5 /month
  3. Upload Wordpress - FREE!
  4. Crank out endless keyword targted articles researched via Free Keyword Suggestion Tool (Wordtracker Suggestion Tool & Overture Bid Tool Combined) & Keyword Generator - FREE!
  5. Get an autoresponder account for e-mail followups - $10-$20 /month

That leaves you with roughly $160.00 bucks. I recommend you hire some ghostwriters to write some reviews on the product or related niche to ease your load. Post these uique articles on your blog, to ezinearticles.com, usfreeads.com, squidoo.com, etc. (One unique article per site. Don't double or triple seed as it defeats the purpose.)

If you're able to get the deal of the century on ghostwritten articles inject 4 to 7 into your e-mail autoresponder. However, a well written article usually dings me for $20 to even $30 bucks a pop via rentacoder.com...but they're well worth it for long term returns.

After you have some good content on your blog apply for Google Adsense. Adsense+your niche product+targted incoming traffic=you're on your way. =)

Alright what would the rest of you do on that budget?

If you are not experienced with PPC Advertising ,i wouldn't recommend using that right off the bat because your just going to waste a lot of money. There are plenty of way's of marketing without spending a lot of money in the beginning.

Forums - Find forums that relate to your product ,and if the forum allows you to put your website in your signature ,put it in your sig.

Submit your site to directories

Classified Advertising

Penny Savers like Pennysaverusa.com They only charge $3 per ad with a link.

In the meantime study as much as you can about Google/Adwords and how to market with PPC.

"$200 to start marketing a product"

Hi,
It's not really clear if you own the product, or you're affiliate marketing.

In terms of budget, I'd probably shoot for $500-1000 to have some buffer, else things will be pretty tight.

If you're completely new to IM, you'll inevitably fall a few times along the way.

I used to develop, launch and manage some of Asia's largest content portals back in 1997, and when I started doing PPC recently, I got creamed as easily as any new PPC affiliate.

The biggest thing about Internet Marketing is that you need to do a lot of test and tracking to work towards consistency in your campaigns.

You could theoretically start out with $0.
Using a blogger blog, submitting articles, using one of those free autoresponders, or in the worst case, setting up a mail group in outlook, and manually managing subscribers.

It's pretty horrible leverage for your time though.

-
Like Stephen said, I think having your own domain, webhost, autoresponder are essentials.

You might want to invest in a membership site or books to boost your knowledge, and read lots of forums and blogs to keep up with what's happening now.

All that would probably set you back about $500.

Your biggest expense however will likely be time and you can probably expect to spend a couple of hundred hours getting used to the mechanics of the aff mktg field.

The singlemost important factor in determining your success is to stay focused.

I coach a number of new internet marketers and the biggest factor why they fail is cos they switch from affiliate marketing, to ebay, to adsense publishing, to domaineering, to site development, to product creation, then they repeat the whole cycle again. With that many switches you never quite build much momentum and a number of them erroneously proclaim that Internet Marketing "doesn't work".

Oh well...

MI
Back