propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Odd Thing Happened Today, Not Sure if it's Good

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by azgold, Jan 28, 2014.

1. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

I received an email today from a food company, asking me if they could send me a product for review. They obviously did not actually check my site out, as the woman in the email said that she knows that I often write restaurant and food reviews and recipes. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I grew up in a diner but I don't cook. :) I have a couple of grocery coupon offers in the mix on my offers site but definitely no recipes or food reviews. I think it's the name of my site that she took those assumptions from.

So, is there really any benefit for me to do this? Aside from getting a free product, assuming it's available in Canada. Maybe I could tie it in with an offer, I dunno.

Whaddya think, guys?

2. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

If it's something for free and it will enhance and better your content then go for it - i'd always try squeeze more from them tho - ask them for some payment also.

1 person likes this.
  3. azgold

That's the thing, I wasn't sure if it would enhance or confuse people as to what my site is about. However, as soon as I read your post, it inspired an idea of how I could tie it in more smoothly. Love your advice about the money part, good way to get a few advertising bucks. Thanks for the advice and inspiration, K!

I love this forum! :)

4. azgold

Just an update, I did respond to the food company. In my email, I asked if the product was available in Canada. If not, I wouldn't be able to pick up a sample for reviewing. Never heard from the woman again. :)

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed