The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Odd Thing Happened Today, Not Sure if it's Good

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
I received an email today from a food company, asking me if they could send me a product for review. They obviously did not actually check my site out, as the woman in the email said that she knows that I often write restaurant and food reviews and recipes. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I grew up in a diner but I don't cook. :) I have a couple of grocery coupon offers in the mix on my offers site but definitely no recipes or food reviews. I think it's the name of my site that she took those assumptions from.

So, is there really any benefit for me to do this? Aside from getting a free product, assuming it's available in Canada. Maybe I could tie it in with an offer, I dunno.

Whaddya think, guys?

If it's something for free and it will enhance and better your content then go for it - i'd always try squeeze more from them tho - ask them for some payment also.

That's the thing, I wasn't sure if it would enhance or confuse people as to what my site is about. However, as soon as I read your post, it inspired an idea of how I could tie it in more smoothly. Love your advice about the money part, good way to get a few advertising bucks. Thanks for the advice and inspiration, K!

I love this forum! :)

Just an update, I did respond to the food company. In my email, I asked if the product was available in Canada. If not, I wouldn't be able to pick up a sample for reviewing. Never heard from the woman again. :)

MI
Back