The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

No tracking

christopherm

affiliate
Hi everyone,
I'm very new to CPA but I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I spend too much on PPC.
I've been accepted to peerfly recently and I'm testing some things, to get a feel for how it all works.

If I take the link from the offer page and paste it right into a blog post will it convert.
In other words do I absolutely need to have tracking setup to get paid?

I know it's important to track everything but right now I'm not doing any volume. I'm just testing things.

Any insight here is appreciated.
Thanks

You can just test using subid's.
when you get your aff link, find the place to insert a testing subid.

example, depending on the cpa networks.
affliateurl. com/?offerid=5432&aff=123&s1=[testsubid]
affliateurl. com/?offerid=5432&aff=123&subid=[testsubid]

affliateurl. com/?offerid=5432&aff=123&s1=topbanner
affliateurl. com/?offerid=5432&aff=123&s1=footerbanner

But yes a tracking platform is very convenience.
trackers you should look into.
cpvlab.com ( $297 - updates are optional for $147/y to host on VPSor dedi)
tracking202.com($500/m) - prosper202 free script to host on VPSor dedi
demontracking.com/ (47 one time script to host on VPSor dedi)
bevomedia.com - free hosted tracking platform all types of traffic/mobile, choice to be verified.
imobitrax.com (130/m script to host on VPSor dedi)
humandemand.com/ (hosted mobile platform 1500 not sure about the monthly)
tracker.mobaff.com/ free mobile tracking platform upto 1million clicks a month

make yourself an authority on whatever your promoting and find a campaign / product that has viral potential. Promoting something you would actually buy yourself and it will become effortless.

Hey tell you what, if you don't care about tracking your stuff and where it goes, I'LL give you a tracking link you can use!! :) Yeah yeah, I'll tell you how many conversions you have (1 in 10)! :)

Track your stuff just as you would your money bro!

Thanks for the replies everyone, but I think my question was misunderstood.
I understand the importance of tracking, and I would never run a campaign without it.

My concern is that I have no clue how to properly set it up. So, while I was trying to learn this I was getting traffic to an offer on an existing blog.
It was getting clicks but no conversions, so my question is this: If my callback/pixel....etc is not set up correctly, will that cost me my conversion?

No, tracking has nothing to do with the network really, it's in place for your benefits...

The pixel will still fire and convert even if you don't have tracking set up but i'd highly recommend you get into the practise of tracking.

Thanks again K, and everyone else that replied.
I have started trying to track more than when I ran my first campaign.
I'm really learning a lot and failing, but I'm failing quickly and learning from it.

I think I understand most of prosper 202 but I'm a little lost about one thing. Can I install it on my server, if that server has websites on it already?
These are all wordpress blogs(about 5 of 'em) Plus I have 1 auto responder that occasionally runs on the server too. I can start a new thread for this if you want.

I hate to ask SO MANY questions but soon I will be helping some other new guy. I love this forum! thanks

I'm pretty sure you can on a subdomain yes!

But i'd always advice a new domain for all your tracking...

Awesome! thanks guys. I will probably be up and running with prosper tonight or tomorrow.
I really appreciate all the help. I should be back very soon to add a case study :)
Thanks again

MI
Back