The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

No dumb questions for sure ...?

Jennifer Rossington

affiliate
Okay, I was going to ask my mentor my newbie question but while I'm here thought I'd ask. I get the fact that it is good to choose a program that gives the greatest returns but isn't everybody doing the same thing and doesn't the market get saturated?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to 5 Star and thanks for starting off with a great question.

The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is that the "program that gives the greatest returns" could be different for different people. Someone may say they make the most money on auto loans, but if you have a health site or baby site, you probably would not do very well. So the "best" depends in part on your skill set, the type of site you have and how you market.

The 2nd part of the answer is that all the most high paying markets are EXTREMELY competitive and yes saturated. So if a newbie expects to do well in certain markets like technology, loans, insurance, travel or Internet marketing they most likely will not get any more than a big sense of failure and frustration out of the deal.

Even if you are a PRO at SEO and PPC, those super high paying and competitive markets are very tough to crack.

SO in my mind, as I've said many times - the key to success for newbies is to find a smaller, less competitive niche to start with - or a sub niche of a larger niche. So that you can learn and see some success in a market that is not overrun with sharks and easier to compete in.

Take a look at the stickies in our newbie forum to learn some tips for getting started and to learn what's worked for others. Then head to our niche marketing forum for some great tips and tools to help you find the best niche for you to start with.

answers

I will tell you this much, even the over saturated programs can be crushed, it's all in the content, the landing page and your keyword strategy.

Sometimes it's just common sense, if you look at some of the big gun sites within any niche, their sites are so overloaded that they either border on or actually are UN-user friendly, and so you can take advantage of that. Simpler, direct easy to find content can be a great marketing strategy, everyone loves simple and user-friendly websites.

Another good strategy is to use less keywords, many of the other websites are so keyword greedy, they stuff their sites with 10-15 main KW (home page), but if you focus on a couple of KW, or even just one and optimize your site around that KW then you can crush even the biggest competitors.

When I first looked into starting a BANS (ebay affilliate websites) business, I saw alot of critics saying stuff like, why would anyone buy from you when they can go to ebay, BUT since I have started my BANS stores I have gotten lots of sales, AND almost 90% of them are from ALLREADY registered ebay users, so what that tells me is that they like my store, because they don't have to sift through the huge over stuffed ebay site, they can use my concise and user-friendly sites that focus on just 1 ebay item category and so that makes it more user-friendly.

MI
Back