The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

News: Google Cracks down...again

BlogDiva

affiliate
Interesting read on SEO practices and its future in 2011.

Matt Cutts Twitters that Google plans to take a closer look at Blackhat SEOers in the early part of 2011. While Google has not announced what steps they will take after their analysis, it is believed that they may start purging the sites that practice a few black hat techniques. Cutts recommends being proactive and assessing your site immediately, cleaning up anything that Google may find questionable.

read more here at the SubmitEdge website

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BlogDiva,

Could you post a link to the article so people can read it? I tried to find it but couldn't.

I promoted you since you are a good new member, so you can post live links now. Links to good articles are resources are always welcome. You just can never post links to your own site.

Thanks!

Many website owners may not even be aware that their websites uses negative techniques as they lack the required technical expertise. It is therefore best for such webmasters to get their websites analyzed by an experienced SEO company so that they can stay away from all possible risks of cloaking and the other related black hat strategies.

For those of us who fall into this category, but cannot really afford to hire a SEO company, it would be great if those who are more experienced can give us an idea of what we can look at on our sites to avoid this problem.

The bottom line is don't have any hidden text on your pages, don't serve up pages specifically for spiders (i.e., don't try to detect spiders and show them a different page than your human visitors are seeing), and (for Google) don't buy or sell links unless they are no-follow (of course, Google itself doesn't have to follow this rule :mad:).

For the rest, just see Webmaster Guidelines - Webmaster Tools Help

The bottom line is don't have any hidden text on your pages, don't serve up pages specifically for spiders (i.e., don't try to detect spiders and show them a different page than your human visitors are seeing), and (for Google) don't buy or sell links unless they are no-follow (of course, Google itself doesn't have to follow this rule ).

For the rest, just see Webmaster Guidelines - Webmaster Tools Help

So true. It's mostly common sense - but when in doubt...go to the rule book (Webmaster Guidelines) :)

MI
Back