The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie's idea for a affiliate site

mwo

affiliate
Hey all,

Im very new to this, just stumbled upon(literally) some information about affiliate marketing a few days ago and found it very interesting. I am currently a college student with interests in art and web design. And I was thinking I could create a blog offering reviews and info about art supplies for students.

I am wondering if anyone knows if that area offers any profit. Also the posts for newbies offer great info but many of the links are dead, so could any one provide me with links that will help me get started. Tools that would allow me to see the potential of my niche would be especially helpful.

Thanks for you help!

-Mason

Hi Mason
It is a good idea to make an affiliate blog about something that you already have knowledge, experience and passion for - in your case art supplies. See if a few of your favorite online art stores have affiliate programs. Write product reviews. Do product searches in the big affiliate networks (CJ.com, Google Affiliate Network, Share a Sale and others) and link directly to your favorite products.

thx for your advice number8sunshine

I am only just starting with web design, and could do a simple css based website, but since google blogger is free i am leaning towards that. also blogger has several cool gadgets which i have no idea how to create yet myself.

However is blogger capable of the same SEO as a self-made site, and does it have any other draw backs with affiliation marketing?

thanks

However is blogger capable of the same SEO as a self-made site

No, but a self-hosted WordPress blog with the All-in-One SEO plug-in is.

and does it have any other draw backs with affiliation marketing?

Yes. The blog is owned and hosted by someone else and they can shut you down for violations of ToS and/or change the ToS and shut you down at their discretion.

Get your own domain. Set up hosting. Install WordPress. Full control over your site and the associated database.

Try doing some google/youtube searches on how to use wordpress to get you started.
[GOOGLE]installing wordpress[/GOOGLE]
[GOOGLE]wordpress themes[/GOOGLE]
[GOOGLE]wordpress add ons[/GOOGLE]
[GOOGLE]how to use wordpress[/GOOGLE]

yea im researching it now, quick question though, it seems like I have to have a domain and host before I can use wordpress because it asks you to fill in your database details during installation. Is there a way I can view my website w/ wordpress b4 making live?

ah, i understand now, it has a control panel where you edit themes, posts, etc, that's handy. I guess I wont have to code to much at all :) .

thanks again number8sunshine!

This is noob question I'm sure but...Is a single website able to belong to several affiliate networks? for example could i register with commission junction and Google affiliation network? and then can I be an affiliate for several publishers within each network?

Sure you can. There really isn't a limit. Just try not to get too scattered at 1st. Focus is key in the beginning. Also since each network is different it may be easier to just start with one.

banners
Back