The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie who is confused, yet again... Rebate Software?

jjblond

I wanted to have affiliates links on my website but I am going give part of the commision back to the consumer. I would need them to sign-in and I would need to keep track of who bought what and what percentage they got, so I could do the kick back to them.

How would that be managed?

Is there special software that would help manage the different accounts?

You could set up your own affiliate program and let users use their own affiliate code for purchases. There are many software programs that you can use. Just go to hotscripts.com (no affiliation) and search for affiliate software.

Best Regards
JB

There are lots of sites that give rebates back. The most well known is eBates.
Most rebate sites are frowned on by affiliates since many of them steal commission from other affiliates. I don't know of any off the shelf software to track this type of transaction.

May I ask how they steal from other affiliates? Just trying to figure it out?
I have an idea and obviously I cant post it, but since I am new to all of this and I am trying to figure out if it will work.
I cant think of anyway my idea would be morally wrong, just trying to figure out why the rebate sites would be frowned upon?

Thanks

Hi Jaime,

Didn't go into detail in case you already knew. If you just track and give rebates on your site no problem.

The ones that steal commission have download apps or toolbars that alert users to a rebate even if the user came from an affiliate site.

Example: You (affiliate) do PPC for XYZmerchant. YOU pay for the traffic, you do the work. The consumer clicks your paid link - goes to XYZmerchant to buy. The consumer has Rebatexyz software or toolbar installed. The consumer you paid for gets to merchant site and gets a big popup that says - click here for a 5% rebate. Consumer clicks - Rebatexyz gets the commission not you. They intercepted your sale and overwrote your cookie.

That's a very simple explanation.

Okay that is just not nice!
Thanks it is going take a while to learn the ins and outs of everything.
Thanks for the info!!!
Should I start a new post.. to see if anybody knows of any software programs that would help keeping track of rebates?
Thanks again.

MI
Back