The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

n00b of the n00bs

NatyleeFang

Ok, I just heard about this kind of stuff today and I want to know? Can this work?

I have two months off for maternity and would like to start making money online so that I can stay at home because I have no one to watch my baby and very limited options. I really don't know what I will do if/when I have to go back to work?
Advice? Anything?

This type of question gets asked often. There is no answer to it that would be right for everyone.

The best possible advice would be for you to spend some time reading as much as you possibly can right here in the Newbie Affiliate Forum. Pay extra attention to the "Sticky" threads but there are many other threads that will also be beneficial.

By reading this you will learn a lot. It will help give you some ideas about how to do things and how not to do this. Knowing mistakes to avoid is just as important as knowing the right things to do.

After you have done a lot of reading in the Newbie Affiliate Forum you should go visit the Niche Marketing Forum http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/niche-marketing/ Again pay special attention to the "Sticky" thread but read as much there as you possibly can.

Reading all of this is going to help you, but it will also raise some questions in your mind. Whenever you have questions, just ask. Our members are friendly and very helpful.

You will find that you will learn a great deal by reading and asking questions. Best of all, we aren't trying to sell you anything and we don't allow the members to try to sell anything in their posts. You will only be getting helpful information.

After you have done this you will be in a good position to know what you would like to do and what is best for you.

Hi NatyleeFang,

Welcome to 5 Star. Larwee offered some good advice.
Hope our newbie forum can give you some good ideas.

You sound like you are in a pretty tight spot so I just want to let you know that building up to a full time income can take some time if you have no experience at all. And it will take some commitment and time to learn the ropes and it does take work. It's not get rich quick and easy like some people make it sound. But it definitely can be done over time if you work at it.

Hello there-

Speaking as a father of an infant, I personally found to be rather difficult to find time to catch up on reading and working on my web venture when my son arrived. Although he slept well, it was a big adjustment to accommodate his schedule, not mine. So here's my 2 cents based on my own experience:

1. What topic should I focus on?

First, read Jame Martell's thread here (http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...w-profile-your-visitors-profit.html#post29092)

Second, I don't know your hobby or professional interests, but since you are about to have a baby, maybe talk about what you are going through now, both positives and negatives (e.g. finally having a baby, lack of baby sitter, money issues, stress, frustrations)? I can almost guarantee that you will become an expert in raising a baby (by design or by accident ;) ) But you will be sleep-deprived, frustrated, etc. so pick a discussion topic that will excite you.

2a. What then?

Join some affiliate networks (e.g. linkshare, shareasale, commissionjunction, etc.) and see what kinds of baby related products and services they offer and apply to those programs. Since you have not yet setup your site, some affiliate programs may reject you. That's okay. You can always re-apply after setting up your site. Also, you might as well sign up for Google Adsense so that you can display Google ads (separate revenue stream in additional to affiliate marketing)

2.b. Then what?

Setup and start a blog. Your time to get started is limited and I think you can draw more people by sharing your experiences in "real-time". Most people (as well as I) recommend WordPress blogging software. It's free and very easy to get yourself started. If you have about $15 per month in disposable income, you can buy a domain name and setup your blog through a hosting company (most people like hostgator.com). If you don't have that kind of money, go to wordpress.com and sign up to use their free service. The main difference will be the URL but that's not a big deal.

3. And then?

Continue to read materials here at 5 star affiliate programs. Learn and tweak your blog. Blog everyday. No, blog every hour or whenever you get a chance!! It takes time to get readers and to get your site indexed by major search engines. More frequent content updates you provide, quicker you will attract readers/search engine spiders.

4. How much am I going to earn?

Granted, my first site was different than yours, but for the first 3 months or so, I only made $20 per month (from Google, not affiliate marketing) so don't think that you will get thousands of dollars during the initial 2 months. I'm not saying it can't be done in those 2 months, but from what I read, for most people, it takes a while.

Remember, whatever happens, don't quit because without this opportunity, you just may well be back to square one 2 months later!

Good luck with your journey!

Kev

I think most of the main stuff has already been said. so I would like to offer a word of wisdom.

CONSISTENCY IS KEY!!!;)

I am in the same boat. As a stay at home dad, I have few options in my business. Most of my clients are very demanding, so I found a few that are more accommodating. Unfortunately, one of them lost most of their clients. My job is very unstable.

I am also working on establishing an online income, so I can continue to take care of my daughter. I made my first dollar online with Bum Marketing. You might want to check it out. You do not need any money to get started. Just do a search for Bum Marketing. The first one is Travis's website. The course is free. Good luck! :)

banners
Back