The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My own brand

rs107

affiliate
hey everyone,

So my first website was a bust mainly because I didn't have passion for my niche (at home workouts) and therefore didn't put in the necessary effort to make it happen.

Everybody says do something you are passionate about - comedy, fitness, dating, music - these are what I really enjoy talking about, doing, watching, researching, writing about, etc.

My idea is to create a website of me...myname.com...this website will be geared towards the younger male/female population. The site will include comedic youtube music videos that I'm creating now (these will be traffic generators if funny), my dating life/dating advice, my fitness regime and the latest products, and music reviews.

I guess you could say it is basically a blog about my life but I don't want to structure it that way per se. I want 3 blog columns for fitness, dating, and music updating each 2-3 times per week and a separate page with my videos on it and then obv a products page. I want it to be a one-stop shop for people my age (20's) to come and be entertained while also getting what they need when they read about something they like.

So before I dive head first into this product I wanted to get the general consensus about my idea and the potential it could have compared to say a sight about fitness products and supplements.

thanks,

-rs107 (sorry for the long post)

Well, I have to say it sounds a bit ambitious for only your second site. You'd be going in a lot of different directions. It does seem like it would be a ton of fun, hopefully enough fun that it would carry you through until you built it up enough to actually see decent traffic and possibly earnings. I think that would take quite a while, though, as opposed to focusing all your efforts on a single niche.

Not saying it can't be done, but in order to update that many areas of your site 2-3 times a week, in addition to all the other things that need to be done, you'll be working at lot! But like I said, if it's enjoyable enough, that won't be a problem.

that's exactly the answer I was hoping to hear!!! I think it's going to be loads of fun and I have a ton of ideas already that I want to build into the site down the road. I have a good job that I actually don't mind too much right now so I can afford to build this puppy over the next 6-12 months and see where it takes me. I agree it's going to be quite a work load so I'll probably outsource the article writing in about 4 months to focus on the blogs and other seo. Looking forward to it all though

Just bought the domain so I'm ready to roll. Thanks for the advice Laura it was much needed!

that's exactly the answer I was hoping to hear!!! I think it's going to be loads of fun and I have a ton of ideas already that I want to build into the site down the road. I have a good job that I actually don't mind too much right now so I can afford to build this puppy over the next 6-12 months and see where it takes me. I agree it's going to be quite a work load so I'll probably outsource the article writing in about 4 months to focus on the blogs and other seo. Looking forward to it all though

Just bought the domain so I'm ready to roll. Thanks for the advice Laura it was much needed!

Sounds Great, I say Strike while the Iron is Hot , put everything that is going around in your head on paper, Plan a startegy that you are going to take, and work it Don,t get bogged down, I strongly recommend with all that you intend to do, Keep you head clear and write down your thought, and Idea's.

Look around the net for affiliate products that you can implement into your 3 Niche markets. example Music downloads, and put links on your page, Go to places like Facebook and select your age group and offer Abbreviated advise, that you have already put on your site.

Rather than 3 colums why not Have 3 Main Pages on your blog with subpages under each title page, with articles and reviews for each category that way when you write articles and submit you can link to that relevant page!

I think I get the concept and it could work, but standard Internet marketing rules apply--keyword research, SEO, backlinks, sales pages that convert, etc. If you really want it to be successful and make some $$$, this basic stuff doesn't go away.

dumphreys - great idea I started a word doc for my website ideas. How do you select your age group on fb? And for the advice do you mean join a fb fan club or group that likes music, fitness, etc and write there? And I like your 3 main pages idea...so then just have snipits of each niche on the home page and maybe a youtube video...what u think?

steveb1 - completely agree which is why I chose this route b/c doing all of the 'basic stuff' (not basic for me) is much more enjoyable when it's a niche I'm passionate about

I like your niche: at home work outs. I think at home work outs make a lot of sense. You don't have to go to the gym to work out. It's good to do exercises with your own body weight. You can climb better. You can do push ups and pull ups. People passionate about fitness are a great success, such as body builders.

dumphreys - great idea I started a word doc for my website ideas. How do you select your age group on fb? And for the advice do you mean join a fb fan club or group that likes music, fitness, etc and write there? And I like your 3 main pages idea...so then just have snipits of each niche on the home page and maybe a youtube video...what u think?

steveb1 - completely agree which is why I chose this route b/c doing all of the 'basic stuff' (not basic for me) is much more enjoyable when it's a niche I'm passionate about

rs107, yes, start building friends on FB that have the same interests and likes, then have a Fan page, when you feel that you have enough friends on FB start a Group On average each friend has 147 friends thats why it becomes viral.

With FB Groups you become the adminastrator and when people agree to join your group it allows you to email any offers you have directly to your members,:D

All the best
Ian

MI
Back