The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My banner is spied

forman

One of my offer, after 7 days of running, banner ctr down, traffic volume down, clicks down, conversions down. I checked on spy tool, found my banner is used by other affiliaters, and used at the same traffic source. The banner is abused causing my offer performances bad.
I want to know:
how to protect my offer from competitors?
How to keep the traffic volume and banner CTR after banner is spied?

Its a common thing. You can't do much about it unless you are watermarking it as said by @Brian Mike
I will create new banners with watermark on it.
But, one more thing i still confused, banner been spied, banner CTR get down because too many people say the same banner and no more click. but i also get enough clicks, check from spy tool, no one run the same offer with me,why no conversions? offer crv down too?

I will create new banners with watermark on it.
But, one more thing i still confused, banner been spied, banner CTR get down because too many people say the same banner and no more click. but i also get enough clicks, check from spy tool, no one run the same offer with me,why no conversions? offer crv down too?
First thing conversions can vary for day to day performance. Second thing is that, when you have new competitors the traffic get splitted. Even though they are not running the same offer but they are also taking away a chunk of traffic and conversions from that traffic. So when you gain new competitors, your conversion rate can go down based on other metrics.

One of my offer, after 7 days of running, banner ctr down, traffic volume down, clicks down, conversions down. I checked on spy tool, found my banner is used by other affiliaters, and used at the same traffic source. The banner is abused causing my offer performances bad.
I want to know:
how to protect my offer from competitors?
How to keep the traffic volume and banner CTR after banner is spied?

You can use cloakers to protect your landing pages from your competitors. The ads themselves can't be protected.

It works both ways.

If you can swap other people's campaigns, they can do it to you.

It's just part of the marketing world. No need to fret.

The most you could do is as said above, watermark it, as well as sending a DMCA complaint to the affiliate(s) in question.

If they fail to take it down, you might possibly be able to go after them for something.

I will also stand by ziggyfish's side in that cloaking might help your campaign last longer.

Your campaign is no longer converting due to multiple reasons, including banner blindness, the campaign has been way over saturated.

The proactive thing you can do is continue making fresh campaigns, use a cloaker, and keep at it.

Sorry this happened to you but it happens to every single one of us who ran campaigns.

Don't get mad, it's part of the game.

Last edited:
Inside The Dojo, there is a script for this. It doesn't stop thieves but it replaces their link for yours for a certain percentage of time. That way, some of the thief's traffic comes to you. Kind of win/win.

banners
Back