The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

MSN block backlinks checking

temi

affiliate
MSN has blocked backin cheking on its website, in a blog one of their staff said:
For those of you who use some of the advanced query syntax in our search engine such as link:, linkdomain: and inurl:, you may have noticed that this functionality has been recently turned off.

you can read the full blog here:

Live Search's WebLog : We are flattered, but...

There is only one thing I can't understand about that. How is it possible that the different link popularity tools can received the result of the link: operator from msn?

They don't. Instead they do a search on the adress without the link: operator, and just display the number of results.
So the number isn't good really.

Give me examples please, Melky would like to know the anser to that question too.
Our text link sales application could not retrive MSN backlinks, that is how Melky come to find that blog.

Give me 2 urls of tools that are still able to retrive msn backlinks please
Thanks

I can give only one url. :(

Perhaps the developers should change the algo of their predictor tool to check the yahoo links. I don't understand why did they use msn for that purpose.

iwebtool backlink checker uses Google to find backlinks. Not MSN.
And my app uses google, yahoo and it used to use MSN. Now I think I'll integrate Ask.com instead of MSN.
But the point is that I wanted to offer more information to potential link buyers.

Firstly congratulation on your 100 th post!;)

Secondly I'm sorry Melkior I gave a wrong url. This is what I wanted to write, the link popularity tool.

sorry about the editing stamp, i mean to quote this post and not edit it :(

Either they know the secret handshake or they are cheating.
And their Google backlinks check isn't working.
So something is fishy here.

banners
Back