The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

More SEO questions

JulieO

In the beginning when I did my keyword research I chose a keyword that was not competitive. It showed predicted 10 searches a day. I optimized my home page for this keyword and as expected I get ?10 visitors a day? to my website. I am in the number one position on Google for this keyword.

It didn?t take me long to figure out that 10 visitors a day is not going to be enough. I guess I need to look for a new keyword so that I can get more visitors. Which brings me to my question.

Do I simply do my keyword research again? Find a new primary keyword and replace the existing one?

Congrats on hitting #1 - good job!

Now you know how it feels to reach the top, which isn't easy.
Granted not a lot of search volume however if you picked a more competitive phrase you could be on page 290 where no one would ever find you.

You have a couple options.

1) Leave the home page as is. I hate to mess with #1 ranking pages.

2) Use what you learned to research other phrases, maybe like some of the one's I suggested and start getting traffic from those too. Research, build a new page, 10 more visitors a day, rinse and repeat.

3) I'm leary to recommend this since you are at #1. But an option to try if you are not too worried about losing your #1 spot would be to add one more short phrase to the homepage title that fits, but maybe gets a little more traffic.

So instead of just "Tear drop sling shoulder bag" for the title
"Tear drop sling shoulder bag - Hand Bag Eliminates Back Pain"

Not saying those are the right KW. That's going to water down your title and will probably drop you out of #1 for your current phrase. But you could end up getting traffic for a variety of other combinations of searches like: shoulder bag for back pain, tear drop hand bag, etc. Just a thought. If you did this you obviously would need to add the 2nd set of KW in all the right places within the homepage.

Thanks Linda!

Yes it does feel good. I am excited. Which is why I was reluctant to mess with the keywords. I think I will take your advice on working on other pages. Right now it's not really about the money anyway. I will worry about that a few months down the road or maybe next year.

And you where right about this being a wonderful place to be. I am very much enjoying all the posts. I have a lot to learn and this forum has a lot to offer.

Julie0,

I just looked over your site and product. SEO is very good to do with this product line. and as you add pages and get them ranking, you will see a steady increase in traffic, But i just thought I would show you a new opening for your product and places to get site traffic. This is a great product for viral or web 2.0. If you visit social bookmarking site and other social networks like squidoo and hubpages you will notice that "Health" is a highly trafficed tag.

I would suggest that you you take the time to at least start with a hubpage and give it a shot, then bookmark it at a few other social bookmarking sites like digg.com

This one step could double your traffic overnight, just make sure that you link to YOUR site from these pages and use your affiliate links on your site to seal the deal.

These places where health related tags get traffic are good places to presell on the social pages you build and build links to your site and can bring traffic, and sales.

But always keep going on the seo since it is the best internet foundation you can have.

I cant remember where it is, but Larry or Linda may be able to show you the thread about web2.0 with Michelle McPhearson and her free ebook. I think this would do wonders for your site, marketing and overal experience in internet marketing with instant results.

Hope this helps.

Julie, congratulations on your #1 spot! :cool:

A few things i would like to add that hopefully will impact your revenue generation in a positive way.

Putting myself in the mind set of Jane Doe searching for this specific product and landing on your page i can imagine Jane doesn't know this product can be bought, she would see this page as a review and hit the back button and then end up at Amazon buying it.

What i suggest for you to do is to add a clear buy it now button or insert a clear call to action indicator.

I've made a quick example for you:

Since you're offering links to different stores it's an idea to list the three stores with a bit more presentation and information.

Like you see in the example with only 1 display, you could add two more beneath it and include pricing as well, in order of cheapest at the top and if it includes free shipping, use the add to cart or buy it now buttons from the actual stores like i've done, adapt a bit when necessary and put it all at the bottom of your article.

The likelihood your visitor will click through is much higher and you got them cookied, so if they do decide to make the purchase you get the commission.

Use a redirect to present a nicer URL instead of a really long URL.

Its also better from an SEO point of view to hide your affiliate links.

The only thing you need to do is to create a link like this:

http://www.healthy-back-shoulder-bag.com/tear-drop-bag.php

And then you open up Notepad and copy this code you see here and paste it into Notepad.

Edit: The forum software is messing up the code somehow.

I'll get in touch via PM Julie.

Your affiliate link is already included.

Now FTP thus upload that page to your root directory.

Use this technique for all your affiliate URL's.
You can name that page anything you want, just make sure to correctly link to the page ;)

I would also name your images to reflect the product name.

You have a duplicate content problem as well with your pages to be found both under www and non www.

Easily fixed by uploading a .htaccess file with this code inside it:

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^healthy-back-shoulder-bag.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.healthy-back-shoulder-bag.com/$1 [R=301,L]

What did you use to create your site Julie?
If you have the freedom to create your own design i can give you some more suggestions.

Thank you so much

Thanks everyone for responding to my thread! I have printed out Michelle McPhearson ebook and will read it this weekend. And I appreciate everyone?s input on the different ideas.

jcorkern, I will take your advise on hubpage and social sites. I have all weekend to play so this should keep me busy. Greate advice, thank you.

Edwin I like the way my page looks with the way you laid it out. What you say makes since. I was trying to be subtle but maybe that it not a good idea. I will implement your ideas this weekend.

I have read a few things about redirects and cloaking affiliate links but I wasn?t sure if that was Google friendly. I of course don't want Google mad at me. But it is a subject that keeps comes up and is probably something I should start doing.

Edwin, I am open to suggestion on site creation. To create my sites I was using Dreamweaver up to a week ago. I am now using Xsitepro. Which I like very much except that I can't get to the all the source code which is where I feel more comfortable. I went with Xsitepro for two reasons. 1. I am not good at design, color and such and they offered templates. 2. I like how quickly I can get a page up and running. Not to mention changes made to headers, footers and navigation menus are across the board. I have only been using Xsitepro for a week now but so far I like it.

u.

Edwin I like the way my page looks with the way you laid it out. What you say makes since. I was trying to be subtle but maybe that it not a good idea. I will implement your ideas this weekend.

Subtle is indeed not a very good idea, you need to create clear call to actions so your visitor has no doubt what to do next to complete the check out process, or in the case of an affiliate...proceed to the merchant to check out.

I have read a few things about redirects and cloaking affiliate links but I wasn?t sure if that was Google friendly. I of course don't want Google mad at me. But it is a subject that keeps comes up and is probably something I should start doing.

Implementing a meta refresh isn't a problem :)

Edwin, I am open to suggestion on site creation. To create my sites I was using Dreamweaver up to a week ago. I am now using Xsitepro. Which I like very much except that I can't get to the all the source code which is where I feel more comfortable. I went with Xsitepro for two reasons. 1. I am not good at design, color and such and they offered templates. 2. I like how quickly I can get a page up and running. Not to mention changes made to headers, footers and navigation menus are across the board. I have only been using Xsitepro for a week now but so far I like it.

If you can create something in terms of design without any restrictions by the software you're using, then if it aint broke don't try fixing it :)

I'll try to put something quickly together for you that you can copy, i can't make any promises, but i can surely find a few minutes to get you in the right direction ;)

Thanks Larwee,

SEO is at the top of my list. I guess I did get a little off topic.

I will go take a look at the site design section.

Why do we need seo?How it will be helpful for a website?

The need of SEO is to increase the amount of visitors to a web site by ranking high in the search results of a search engine. The higher a web site ranks in the results of a search, the greater the chance that site will be visited by a user.

SEO is very helpful for the websites since it's common practice for Internet users to not click through pages and pages of search results, so where a site ranks in a search is essential for directing more traffic towards the site.

MI
Back