The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Marketing related mailing lists

elinca

affiliate
I am on various marketing related mailing lists and I receive quite a number of mails containing information on a wide range of topics.
I noticed that a lot of mails come with the headline "link correction" or something similar-
now, I wonder - is this a kind of attention-grabbing marketing strategy??
If this is the case, what are your thoughts on this?

Kind regards

E.

Well I'm not sure about that strategy specifically.

But every time some guru mails me with one of those 'trick' subject lines designed to get you to read, but then you read you find out it's not true and just a gimmick - I always feel like unsubscribing or just ignore anything further from that person. I always think it's best to try to get creative and add some sizzle about the REAL message you have inside instead of just writing a fake headline for opens.

I always feel like unsubscribing or just ignore anything further from that person.

I can relate to this, I feel exactly the same way!
Since it happened so often in the last few weeks I got the feeling that this must be based on intention - however, I doubt that people feel positive about it...?

I have had a number of these emails myself

I tend to delete them just because I have no recollection of a link that didn't work

The fact that there is a rash of them just makes me suspicious

The other headline that really gets my goat is 'you have made a sale'When all they are doing is promoting a product

I have been thinking alot about this lately.

I get a lot of emails from the gurus to Fank Kern,Mike Filsame,Brad and a number of others but i have rules one i watch there emails to learn from them they are the best out there anyway or suppose to be. but i don't want to read all those tower emails that are three miles long just for a sale's pitch so first I check the bottom of the mail for a price = delete second click the link go to pitch page check the price = delete so in short a short well structured email with good Information gets my attention and I will start reading them.

Well I'm not sure about that strategy specifically.

But every time some guru mails me with one of those 'trick' subject lines designed to get you to read, but then you read you find out it's not true and just a gimmick - I always feel like unsubscribing or just ignore anything further from that person. I always think it's best to try to get creative and add some sizzle about the REAL message you have inside instead of just writing a fake headline for opens.

I couldn't agree more Linda...:) When I was getting into this business I subscribed to a ton of IM Gurus. Not so much to learn from them but to see how they conducted their relationships with their subscribers...and I was disappointed with about 90 percent of them. I unsubscribed from most of them and only kept a trusted few. What i do now, is if I subscribe to a list that may be unsure, I use a fake name. That way, I can see at a glance what they are "selling" and if I like what i see over a period of time I'll subscribe with my real name and info. It's worked so far...:) Good thread elinca.

.... but i don't want to read all those tower emails that are three miles long just for a sale's pitch so first I check the bottom of the mail for a price = delete second click the link go to pitch page check the price = delete so in short a short well structured email with good Information gets my attention and I will start reading them.

Three miles long - very true! Why do they have to be so long? I find it extremely off-putting and tend to delete them straight away. However, the long letters seem to be successful otherwise they wouldn't use them, would they?

Elinca

Advantages of Using a Business Mailing List

One aspect of business that a lot of people tend to overlook is business to business trading or B2B. A great deal of people only believe that businesses trade with their customers, but this is not the case. All businesses need to get products and services from other businesses in order to trade smoothly and that is where using a business mailing list can come in very handy. A business mailing list is a list of businesses which is split into different categories, these categories then form the backbone of any mail out campaigns.

MI
Back