The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Making blogroll link homepage only

temi

affiliate
Just wondering if there is a way of making a blogroll homepage only rather than sitewide from WP or is it encoded in the theme?

It is possible to modify the sidebar.php file which usually contains the blogroll in order to make links display only at the homepage using the $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] predefined variable.

Yeah, it's possible. Though I'm assuming you want to make the entire blogroll homepage only, rather than just one link.

Simply put this code in the sidebar.php file

PHP:
<?php if (is_home()) { ?>

<h2>Blogroll</h2>

<?php        wp_list_bookmarks('');
} ?>

That should put a basic list in the sidebar. :)

It is possible to modify the sidebar.php file which usually contains the blogroll in order to make links display only at the homepage using the $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] predefined variable.

Thanks very much Zoli,
You are already very reputable but rep added still :)

You are right Ryhs, I want to make the entire blogroll homepage only, thanks very much for the code, rep added :)

Yeah, it's possible. Though I'm assuming you want to make the entire blogroll homepage only, rather than just one link.

PHP:

<h2>Blogroll</h2>

} ?>

PHP:

<h2>Blogroll</h2>

} ?>

Thanks for ths useful info rhyswynne.

I am also searching for this.

DON.

PHP:

<h2>Blogroll</h2>

} ?>

I've added the code to the sidebap.php file but nothing happen ... except that on the home page, over the Blogroll appears another Blogroll block.

I've added the code to the sidebap.php file but nothing happen ... except that on the home page, over the Blogroll appears another Blogroll block.

Try out below given code.

Code:
<?php if ( is_home() || is_page() ) { ?>
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Your Link Here[/COLOR][/B]
<?php } ?>

DON.

MI
Back