The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

little help in getting links

This is one of the more common questions about link building. When in actuality you should be asking what links do I need to rank for a specific keyword.
And, should I even attempt to rank for this keyword

It is a very straight forward process

1) Look at Google and search for your keyword
2) Look at the link profile of the first entry and then do the same thing for the 10th entry
3)Now you have a good idea of how many and the quality of links you will need to compete for that keyword

If the number ten sites in the SERPS has 1000 incoming links with an average PR 3, then you know you need alot of quality links to compete for that keyword.

If this is the case then look at some "longer tail" keywords where the competition is not so severe and start your link building campaign there.

So get links with the anchor text "long tail keyword" VERSUS "Main Keyword"

This will ensure that your efforts produce results and not frustration

Good Luck

There are lots of different ways to build links to your websites. Submit your site to web directories that are human edited, participate in social networks like Digg, provide useful tools or resources that people link to naturally or consider doing something like a Press Release.

These types of links can also provide traffic that is more valuable than the link itself. Good luck!

If you are after quality links, best invest on links that will bring in targetted traffic for higher conversion rate ;)

Well, we just have to be updated everytime everyday. no wonder when google plays with their policies ..... god knows:confused:

Steve

There are only a few basic link strategies that will work long term. Playing outside of this is asking for trouble.

Articles.
Press Releases
Social Bookmarking
Link Bait (used with social bookmarking)

Articles are the best long term solution. Learn more here. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...e-optimization-super-advantages-articles.html

Press releases will gain instant traffic but are expensive. Social bookmarking is good, but limited for long term.

link bait is part of social bookmarking But can bring instant and massive traffic in the short term.

Articles are the most cost effective and long term solution for now. Buying links is a dangerous game, and now it seems that recips are on Matt Cutts hit list.

Do it right the first time, no shortcuts and you never have to worry about algorithmn changes.

You can buy links or request link exchanges on some forums.
DigitalPoint has a fairly active section for this.

Then there is social networking and article writing and getting listed in directories. Here are some good ideas from CopyBlogger.

Five Link Building Strategies That Work | Copyblogger

I am sorry ,I shouldn't be crossing Linda buquet but then Google isn't willing to crawl for backlinks for those website who are going in for a paid or premium subscription as far as getting your backlinks are concerned.This is news every where now.

Google is crawling the sites that were not removed from the indexes. You can not get punished for a site linking to you, but you can get punished for linking to a bad site that is violating T.O.S.

Directories are still medium quality links, Article directories are still top quality links.

Press release directories are still top quality directories.

Ok, I probably should not do this, but i will basicaly lay out the plan i use to gain links and the tools i use to maximize the results. this is a way that can make sure your articles will stay on the directories, get a good diversity of IP's, and make sure you build your sites quickly and effeciently.

This post may be long, but worth the effort for link building.

The first thing i do is use this site: directory maximizer for a full submission run. there are currently over 900 directories that they submit to. this is needed to diversify your ip addresses for the articles. This is the first step i make with a new client. You will get approvals over a 1 yer period if you do a full submission. you can use the name of the site in google and it will show up. The reason i tell you to search is because you know i am not getting an affiliate referal fee, and this lets you know that it is real this way. I stand to gain nothing.

The next step is to figure out how many articles you need. I always allow 20 links per article with a full submission. so, if you calculate you will need 100 links, then you need 5 articles. I use article marketer . com for my submission service. they have unlimited submissions at a very low rate and get great approval rates and exposure. they are strict on their submission policy, but the effort is worth the results.

The next thing is press releases. one or 2 a year will do and they are expensive for a godd run. this will give good PR links and needed traffic. It will also diversify IP addresses.

The next tool is one of the most usefull tools i have ever purchased , it is called bookmarking demon. you can search for it just as i typed it. This is social bookmarking software. This is a usefull tool for the sites and articles. As you get article approvals, go to the article directory and bookmark your approved articles. This will put 20 to 50 links to that article and build the pr of that page.

This will make sure it is never deleted from the directory and give you a higher PR link.

If you use this method, you will start ot get other sites linking to you naturaly from your popularity.

Forum post helps some, and do not pass the chance up, but the basics will make your site soar.

Hope this helps.

To compliment Jim's thread above concerning the bookmarking demon software, there is also a free option called social marker to be found on socialmarker.com

Why SocialMarker.com?

It can help you spread a link on 31 of the best social bookmarking sites in under 15 minutes!

* It helps you get a lot of backlinks.
* It helps you increase your traffic.
* Your link gets indexed by Google in a matter of minutes.
* Best of all, it's free!

I got the above from Google's cache as it is momentarily down (I hope) now.
So maybe by the time anyone reads this it may already be up again.

I haven't come around using it but when i first visited the site it looked like a solid option to bookmark on a multitude of bookmark sites.

It's worth exploring once it's up, especially since it's free! ;)

Cheers!

banners
Back