The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Posts not getting indexed?

Vivek Sehgal

affiliate
Google is not indexing new articles on my site from some time. I have submitted sitemap of my site in search console. Also requested indexing in search console. Still new articles not getting indexed which I requested indexing 20 days ago. It is showing discovered currently not indexed.

Can it be because of short form content on my site as I have many around 800 words articles on my site.

My site is new around 2 months old. I have also published content on this site from my previous site whose domain I Sold. That content is no more on previous domain. Is Google considering my content duplicate. I have checked in Copyscape most of the previous content is showing unique.

Should I remove all the previous content and short form content from my site, in order to get my new content indexed?

Can such content harm my SEO across the domain?
Is somebody else is also facing indexing issues from some time?

This is a pretty common issue nowadays, especially after the Google update in November. Your site is pretty new so I guess the indexing process, in general, isn't finished yet, and every time you submit new articles, algorithms have to scan the site again which can delay indexing. If you are not getting any issues reported on Google Search Console, then everything should be alright and you will just need to be more patient. As for the content part, if you really deleted old content from the previous site, then it shouldn't be considered as duplicate.

content issue.
are there too many affiliate links?
Google, Bing, et.al are pretty slow to clear old pages indexed that no longer exist.
Look at your server logs for 404 requests --if there are many make that domain request return 410 gone.

Not too many years ago you could expect indexing within a couple of days with newer sites. That just is not the case anymore. While new content and new pages on my well aged content sites get indexed within 24 to 48 hours these days, a couple of new sites I've launched in the past couple of months have seen a week to ten days for proper indexing to complete.

Welcome to the club! No you are not alone. Happening all over.

Have spoken to some other bloggers experiencing the same indexing issue.
Just ignore it for now and keep publishing quality content. Hopefully google catches up at some point.

In my case, what I did was to reference the site on bing webmaster as well to leverage other traffic sources.

If you are into link building. Build a few to your new articles and see how that works out. I am not using link building in my project to i can't test that out.

I know of few bloggers for whom this worked e.g links

Google is not indexing new articles on my site from some time. I have submitted sitemap of my site in search console. Also requested indexing in search console. Still new articles not getting indexed which I requested indexing 20 days ago. It is showing discovered currently not indexed.

Can it be because of short form content on my site as I have many around 800 words articles on my site.

My site is new around 2 months old. I have also published content on this site from my previous site whose domain I Sold. That content is no more on previous domain. Is Google considering my content duplicate. I have checked in Copyscape most of the previous content is showing unique.

Should I remove all the previous content and short form content from my site, in order to get my new content indexed?

Can such content harm my SEO across the domain?
Is somebody else is also facing indexing issues from some time?
Length of post is not so important as quality
there is no magic number of words
You must answer the question users ask
then you must be better than your competitors
What are the dates of your posts?
if they are all the same that's a problem
you cannot force your way into the search results
with mass content all from the same day
otherwise you could just pay a content writer
and be top of Google straight away
Google needs to see consistency
--> so stagger your posts

This is a pretty common issue nowadays, especially after the Google update in November. Your site is pretty new so I guess the indexing process, in general, isn't finished yet, and every time you submit new articles, algorithms have to scan the site again which can delay indexing. If you are not getting any issues reported on Google Search Console, then everything should be alright and you will just need to be more patient. As for the content part, if you really deleted old content from the previous site, then it shouldn't be considered as duplicate.
The algorithm is a scoring process
his website is scored against his competitors
so its normal his content isnt in search results
unless his score is better than competitors
Everyone thinks its Google being slow
or some ridiculous Sandbox myth
when its neither
you only need to post consistently
--> it must be high quality content
--> it must be better than competitors
The bar is getting higher all the time
and the algorithm rules change
so be the best
and stay up to date with the algorithm

content issue.
are there too many affiliate links?
Google, Bing, et.al are pretty slow to clear old pages indexed that no longer exist.
Look at your server logs for 404 requests --if there are many make that domain request return 410 gone.
When he launches a new website
he should not launch it with any affiliate links
its better to get into the ranking 1st
and send Google positive signals from CrUX
only after traffic flows
then add affiliate links --> slowly
Launching with affiliate links is a mistake
unless his traffic is not organic

Not too many years ago you could expect indexing within a couple of days with newer sites. That just is not the case anymore. While new content and new pages on my well aged content sites get indexed within 24 to 48 hours these days, a couple of new sites I've launched in the past couple of months have seen a week to ten days for proper indexing to complete.
1 week to 10 days is normal for indexing
and with consistency ranking will rise in search results
--> should be tracked with paid software
I recommend Ubersuggest.com
there are many rank tracking solutions

Welcome to the club! No you are not alone. Happening all over.

Have spoken to some other bloggers experiencing the same indexing issue.
Just ignore it for now and keep publishing quality content. Hopefully google catches up at some point.

In my case, what I did was to reference the site on bing webmaster as well to leverage other traffic sources.

If you are into link building. Build a few to your new articles and see how that works out. I am not using link building in my project to i can't test that out.

I know of few bloggers for whom this worked e.g links
What is the purpose of link building?
  1. Google spider crawls web page
  2. finds link to another web page
  3. crawls that web page
  4. indexes that web page --> meaning adds to internal index
  5. users search keywords
  6. Google serves most relevant results
but none of this helps you
  • unless your content is high quality
  • your technical SEO is high quality
  • and your overall web page --> scores better than your competitors
Why should Google serve your results?
its not slow or Sandbox if you have a poor algorithm score?
so all the complaining & frustration & head shaking
doesnt change anything
YOU GUYS need to BECOME BETTER
--> EVERY SINGLE DAY
for me its only important to get links
if they get clicks and send visits
any other links are simply replicating my XML sitemap

If you have links that are real users or not paid for endorsements --that matters.

patent -- you should read this ;) has a lot of real insites

Claims

What is claimed is:

1. A method, comprising: obtaining data identifying a set of pages to be ranked, wherein each page in the set of pages is connected to at least one other page in the set of pages by a page link; obtaining data identifying a set of n seed pages that each include at least one outgoing link to a page in the set of pages, wherein n is greater than one; accessing respective lengths assigned to one or more of the page links and one or more of the outgoing links; and for each page in the set of pages: identifying a kth-closest seed page to the page according to the respective lengths, wherein k is greater than one and less than n, determining a shortest distance from the kth-closest seed page to the page; and determining a ranking score for the page based on the determined shortest distance, wherein the ranking score is a measure of a relative quality of the page relative to other pages in the set of pages.

2. The method of claim 1, wherein the respective lengths assigned to a link are determined based on a function of the number of outgoing links from the source page of the link.

3. The method of claim 2, wherein the function is a monotonic non-decreasing function of the number of outgoing links from the source page, so that the length of the link increases as the number of outgoing links from the source page increases.

4. The method of claim 2, wherein determining the length of a link from a source page q to a target page p includes adding a term (.alpha.+log(|q|.sub.out)) to the length of the link, wherein a is a non-negative value, and wherein |q|.sub.out is the number of outgoing links from the source page q.

5. The method of claim 4, wherein .alpha.=-log(d), wherein d is a damping factor.

6. The method of claim 2, wherein the function for the length of the link is also a function of a weight of the link.

7. The method of claim 1, wherein determining a shortest distance from a seed page to a given page includes summing lengths of individual links along a shortest path from the seed page to the given page.

8. The method of claim 1, wherein a seed page s.sub.i in the set of seed pages is associated with a predetermined weight w.sub.i, wherein 0<i.ltoreq.1; and wherein the seed page s.sub.i is associated with an initial distance d.sub.i, wherein d.sub.i=-log(w.sub.i).

9. The method of claim 8, wherein the determined shortest distance from the seed page s.sub.i to a given page includes the initial distance d.sub.i.

10. The method of claim 1, wherein the ranking score for the given page can be proportional to e.sup.-D(p), wherein D(p) is the kth shortest distance.

11. The method of claim 1, further comprising including each link in a shortest path from the kth-closest seed page to the first web page in a reduced link-graph, wherein the shortest path is a path having the shortest distance from the kth-closest seed page to the first web page.

12. A non-transitory computer-readable storage medium storing instructions that when executed by one or more computers cause the one or more computers to perform operations comprising: obtaining data identifying a set of pages to be ranked, wherein each page in the set of pages is connected to at least one other page in the set of pages by a page link; obtaining data identifying a set of n seed pages that each include at least one outgoing link to a page in the set of pages, wherein n is greater than one; accessing respective lengths assigned to one or more of the page links and one or more of the outgoing links; and for each page in the set of pages: identifying a kth-closest seed page to the page according to the respective lengths, wherein k is greater than one and less than n, determining a shortest distance from the kth-closest seed page to the page; and determining a ranking score for the page based on the determined shortest distance, wherein the ranking score is a measure of a relative quality of the page relative to other pages in the set of pages.

13. The computer-readable storage medium of claim 12, wherein the respective lengths assigned to a link are determined based on a function of the number of outgoing links from the source page of the link.

14. The computer-readable storage medium of claim 13, wherein the function is a monotonic non-decreasing function of the number of outgoing links from the source page, so that the length of the link increases as the number of outgoing links from the source page increases.

15. The computer-readable storage medium of claim 13, wherein determining the length of a link from a source page q to a target page p includes adding a term (.alpha.+log(|q|.sub.out)) to the length of the link, wherein a is a non-negative constant value, and wherein |q|.sub.out is the number of outgoing links from the source page q.

16. The computer-readable storage medium of claim 15, wherein .alpha.=-log(d), wherein d is a damping factor.

17. The computer-readable storage medium of claim 12, wherein determining a shortest distance from a seed page to a given page involves summing lengths of individual links along a shortest path from the seed page to the given page.

18. The computer-readable storage medium of claim 12, wherein a seed page s.sub.i in the set of seed pages is associated with a predetermined weight w.sub.i, wherein 0<w.sub.i.ltoreq.1; and wherein the seed page s.sub.i is associated with an initial distance d.sub.i, wherein d.sub.i=-log(w.sub.i).

19. The computer-readable medium of claim 12, the operations further comprising: using the ranking score in ranking one or more of the pages in response to a received search query.

20. A system comprising: one or more data processing apparatus; and one or more computer-readable storage devices having stored thereon instructions that, when executed by the one or more data processing apparatus, cause the one or more data processing apparatus to perform operations comprising: obtaining data identifying a set of pages to be ranked, wherein each page in the set of pages is connected to at least one other page in the set of pages by a page link; obtaining data identifying a set of n seed pages that each include at least one outgoing link to a page in the set of pages, wherein n is greater than one; accessing respective lengths assigned to one or more of the page links and one or more of the outgoing links; and for each page in the set of pages: identifying a kth-closest seed page to the page according to the respective lengths, wherein k is greater than one and less than n, determining a shortest distance from the kth-closest seed page to the page; and determining a ranking score for the page based on the determined shortest distance, wherein the ranking score is a measure of a relative quality of the page relative to other pages in the set of pages.

21. The method of claim 1, further comprising: using the ranking score in ranking one or more of the pages in response to a received search query.

22. The system of claim 20, the operations further comprising: using the ranking score in ranking one or more of the pages in response to a received search query.

MI
Back