The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Link Masking Plugin for Wordpress, looking for one

adam7one

affiliate
Hi all,

I am looking for a Wordpress plugin that will allow me to mask my affiliate links, I have tried WP-affiliate but it does not work with 2.6.1 and I have tried WP-Linkchanger unfortunately it is in another language and I got no idea what is going on there.

I figure there must be one around so if anyone can help me out and post an url for me I would be most grateful.

Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam,

Why don't you just use HTAccess. Then you can mask all your links even if you post them in your forum sig on on your social network profile and even in an article you submitted to 5 article directories, which you can now not go back and edit.

Lets say you have a link in all 8 places for a product - your blog, forum sig, social network and 5 articles. That merchant goes under or the product is obsolete and there is a better one. How long would it take you to find and change all the links if you even remembered and if you could still edit them?

With HTAccess you go to one place, exchange the new link and ALL YOUR LINKS, even ones you fogot you had out there, even the articles that can no longer be edited - they all re-direct to your new merchant now.

With HTAccess I would give the link a generic, but KW rich name instead of product specific, in case I ever did need to swap it out. So instead of .com/ABCluggage I would say .com/bestluggage or something.

Above I'm just telling you the advantage of cloaking with HTAccess, not how to do it, because maybe you already know how. There are also other general ways to cloak. If you want more info just ask and we'll give you some more resources. But won't unless you do cuz possible I just wasted my carpal and you have a specific reason for wanting a WP plug-in and didn't need all this info. ;)

Well I could change the htaccess I guess, but yeah a few directions on how to do that would be needed as well.

I probably have 50 individual affiliate links that I will need to mask so I am just looking for the easy way out I guess with the plugin, if there is another way to do it and it is better for SEO then I am all ears.

Don't worry about your carpal it didn't go to waste :)

Thanks
Adam

Here you go!

The top one is about HTaccess. Best of 5 Star ★ ★ ★ Link Cloaking Tips

The bottom one is about WP and buried somewhere there's mention of a coupl WP plugins too.

BE CAREFUL THOUGH - some people don't know what they are talking about and some types of re-directs can get you kicked out of programs (like iframes.) Others aren't very good at placing your cookie. ALWAYS test links to be sure they track with any type of re-direct method.

Adam,

Appreciate you're all sorted so this is for anyone else's benefit who wants to use link cloaking on Wordpress ...

i'm using wp-affiliate for link cloaking on wordpress ... it's a great free plugin, no problems with it ever ... makes it very easy to cloak your links, and best of all, they all sit there below your write post screen so they're easy to add / change etc ... can be found here - WP-Affiliate PHP Blog Affiliate Marketing Wordpress Plugin | Seo Adventures :cool:

banners
Back