The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Link building things to consider

Status
Not open for further replies.

temi

affiliate
I asked question about link building at a forum, someone gave a very detailed answer that I think one should be aware of when building links, the response follows:
--------------------------------------------
Google has access to all the data they need. They have metrics on the # of scraped links, or link farm links (sabotage?) to expect.

They can simply discount any value of links from specific spam sites, etc.

However, if your site has built up so many links that it surpasses the average threshold by a significant margin, *you* could be *penalized* directly, as it might indicate you are doing some unscrupulous link building strategies.

For example, back in the day you could run a bot that would post a linked message on a million different guestbooks and find yourself at the top of the web search results for hundreds of your top keywords.

Today - that will get likely get your site banned very quickly.

If your site is in every directory out there, has links on many different sites known for link exchanging or link sales, shows up in thousands of blog post comments, etc, then you're definitely asking for trouble.

If you have built links above the threshold (but not spam-level-excessive) from quality sites, to many different pages on your site, using a variety of different anchor text, with a low %-age of links in bad or poor neighborhoods, you should do very well.

Excellent post Temi the answer is very awesome and in depth explanation with clearing out the points.

It also helped me in updating my knowledge.

But is there any way to find out the link farms directories as they harm any site and if yes then by which method we can trace any link farms.

Thanks Temi :)

Google Penalization

Does Google penalizes also when you put your link as sponsor or featured link in a directory.Please guide

that's a good explanation indeed, google can spot patterns, once it's clear that your profile is full of those patterns, they kick your ass :)

karmadir,
well, you're talking about paid links, same story, if that's all you have, yes it might hurt you, but even more so ... google disregard paid links, they will not punish you for it, unless in excess, but those links just don't count

Yes, those that manipulate PR juices is what Google really punished according to Matt Cutts Pagerank Passing Paid (PPP) links presentation..

Visit this link

Most blogs & websites have started to remove text saying "sponsor" "featured" & "sponsored review" as there was a corallation between links selling/buying & there decrease in rankings. Its always better to be on the safe side.

the bad thing is sometimes good sites are penalize caused by other people.. my question is how to protect a site??? e.g blog???

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back