The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

TheDanmit

Dear Fellows,

I need your help because I'm currently stuck and I don't have clue how to track at least keywords which lead to form submission at leadsgate. I have google analytics and bemob for use.

I assume that such tracking should be possible with google analytics too but I'm not able to pass a right parameter to get click on form button as a goal in google analytics.

Thank you for your help in advance (If I figure out something I will of course update thread)

Hi @TheDanmit - You don't necessarily need to get the keyword to leadsgate as this is the last touch point of your flow.
You have a few course of actions to achieve what you're looking for:
1. Basic
Configure your tracking software to capture the traffic source tokens, so you can see the keywords performances in the tracking software.
2. Basic + 1
Forward the tokens to leadsgate so you can see the performances both on your tracking software and leadsgate
- You don't necessarily need to do that if your tracking software is properly setup as you will see the conversions associated with the keywords and normally other parameters - ex: adgroup, campaignid, adid - in case you work with adwords.
3. Basic + 1 + Google Analytics
You can do all the above, and in addition, send the token values to your landing page, using the standard utm parameters.
In this case, you need to add to your landing page the utm_source, utm_term etc... to the LP URL and make sure that your GA auto-tagging settings are set.

NB: Google Analytics will show the visits per keyword/source and perhaps the clicks/events on the call to action (if you've configured your GA code to track such events), but GA will not show your conversions as those conversions cannot be loaded in GA unless you have your GA code on the final advertiser thank you page and that your GA code is configured to allow cross-domain tracking which will not happen unless the final advertiser doesn't know what he's doing;))

All the above require your tracking software to have the ability to capture and forward the traffic source tokens.

Ex:
- Assuming your tracking software can capture and forward the tokens.
- Taking hasoffers aff_sub parameters
- Taking the google analytics utm parameters

Your campaign url should look like:
campaignurl/campaignid?utm_term={keyword}

Traffic source settings:
utm_term={keyword} (associated with the tracking software variable keyword)

Affiliate network settings:
aff_sub={tracking_software_click_id} (that will be used to track the conversions back to the tracker via postback)
aff_sub2={tracking_software_keyword_variable}

Landing page settings:
url?utm_term={tracking_software_keyword_variable}

If your current tracking solution doesn't support these settings, you should consider switching to something more in line with those basic requirements.

Let us know if the above solved your problem.
Thanks
Laurent

Dear Fellows,

I need your help because I'm currently stuck and I don't have clue how to track at least keywords which lead to form submission at leadsgate. I have google analytics and bemob for use.

I assume that such tracking should be possible with google analytics too but I'm not able to pass a right parameter to get click on form button as a goal in google analytics.

Thank you for your help in advance (If I figure out something I will of course update thread)
Hello,
You can try vNative.
Where you can track your lead data.
We have open macros in place . where you can pass any data from your partners side.

Regards.
Subhomoy Naskar

Hey TheDanmit

Looks like Laurent has already provided with the complete answer.
From my side I would like to add that the issue can be simply solved by traffic source tokens configuration.
You will be able to see the incoming conversions associated with the keywords in your Custom report.

Please contact our support team in live chat for further assistance. BeMob managers will be glad to guide you through ;)

Last edited:
MI
Back