The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Landing Page/Site with Multiple Products

Gregg Sugerman

affiliate
Hi There,

I'm still deciding what type of site/landing page to make for my first offer. I am stuck here and this is much harder than I thought it would be.

If I am promoting multiple products from the same merchant, any suggestions on how to configure my site for optimum sales? The products are 3 eBooks and audio downloads, all are related to the same niche.

If any of you could offer suggestion it would be SO helpful.....also- if you could point me to websites you feel are effective affiliate sales sites, that would be huge (obviously you're not going to show me YOUR sites).
I'm still totally confused as to what type of site to make. For a sales site, I've learned that you want your visitors there for ONE reason- to BUY. Don't give them any distractions etc. How do you achieve that AND give the visitor unique content at the same time?

Thanks,

Gregg

also- if you could point me to websites you feel are effective affiliate sales sites, that would be huge (obviously you're not going to show me YOUR sites).

Hi Gregg,

Affiliates and I can't share other affiliate's sites as that's confidential and affiliates would get upset and you are right most affiliates won't show their own sites on a public forum.

Here is an article that shows examples of some different types of affiliate sites.

Affiliate Websites - Types and Examples Affiliate Marketing Blog

FOR YOU, since you are doing PPC here is how I visualize it.

You are right about PPC landing pages - they should not have nav links or other things that distract/confuse the potential buyer. It should be a well designed sales funnel that leads the person to the action you want them to take, which is usually to click to the merchant and buy.

HOWEVER for Google QS that page can't be just a sales pitch and click here button, but needs some added value. So do add some presell content that talks about the problem and solution the visitor from that niche has/needs.

"How do you achieve that AND give the visitor unique content at the same time?"

Then I would do some content pages that act as front doors to attract people through search engines (and these pages will also help satisfy G Adwords need to see some unique content). Do keyword research to determine phrases that people in your niche would be searching for. These pages will be more about the niche or the PROBLEM, not the product. But within the content you could link to either your sales page - to show them the solution to the problem or direct link to merchant.

Does that help a little? Anyone else have suggestions?

Linda that doesn't help a little it helps a lot. Thank you & thanks for that link.

I guess that makes total sense re. not sharing/showing other affiliate sites. I'm still learning all the proper affiliate etiquette - sorry about that.

I know it's all well and good to continue to ask questions and learn from people more experienced than me, but I guess so much of this ultimately comes down to test, test, test, test etc.

If I am promoting multiple products from the same merchant, any suggestions on how to configure my site for optimum sales? The products are 3 eBooks and audio downloads, all are related to the same niche.

If the products are 3 individual ebooks, in other words they aren't sold as a package...

Unique landing pages for each. In fact, unique, relevant landing pages for each different PPC promotion are best.

Always remember: keywords must be relevant to ---> your PPC ads, and both your keywords and your PPC ad must be relevant to ---> your landing page.

The more relevant, the better result.

And the content should "add value" for the visitor in some way.

Thanks Joseph I don't know why I didn't see that (Unique landing pages for each). That makes perfect sense.

I also think I had the whole landing page concept a little confused. Each of my PPC campaigns (in this case the same merchant but separate yet related products) can go to a unique landing page (with the individual offer -in this case different eBooks), but all three landing pages can be part of a broader website correct? For example visitor can click to homepage from either of the three landing pages, where I can provide unique content related to the niche as a whole. Is that right?

"but all three landing pages can be part of a broader website correct? For example visitor can click to homepage from either of the three landing pages, where I can provide unique content related to the niche as a whole. Is that right?"

Yes that's correct providing the products are all about the same niche.

For example visitor can click to homepage from either of the three landing pages, where I can provide unique content related to the niche as a whole. Is that right?

Yes, and on the broader website, I would install a Wordpress blog (updated frequently) to the main domain.

Like this...
your - domain - here.com/blog

Your main domain can describe the 3 products etc...in more detail, and the blog can be used to include articles, generate conversations, etc...

But don't forget to build a list of email subscribers...that's important to your future success.
:cool:

Joseph- can I do the whole site with Wordpress? Have each individual offer/landing page as separate Wordpress pages, and the main domain as the main Wordpress site? Sorry I know I don't have all the language down 100% yet so I may be making this more confusing than necessary.

Thanks for all your help!

Joseph- can I do the whole site with Wordpress? Have each individual offer/landing page as separate Wordpress pages, and the main domain as the main Wordpress site?

Yes, and yes. Get very familiar with Wordpress. :)

WP has a feature in the admin area that lets you have a "static" page upfront instead of your latest blog posts.

Aside from that, if you research, there are affiliate Wordpress site themes that can help you out there.

Yes you can use WP for the site, HOWEVER there is an issue with using WP pages for PPC landing pages, just for you to be aware of.

You know how everyone recommends not having navigation or other links on your PPC landing page - only have call to action links that go to the merchant page with no other distractions or ways out???

Here are some free landing page templates you can look at. http://affiliatemarketer.info/free-landing-page-templates Not saying any of these are the best but there are some good ones. Notice the one thing they all have in common is no extraneous links.

Well the WP pages of a blog have all the nav links, archive links etc. Whatever links or banners are on your sidebar, header or footer will also be on your landing pages. You also may want your landing page not to have your blog header, may want a complete different look to the landing page. If you do it on WP it will look just the same. No easy way to change just the layout of a page in WP.

Look at my blog. If I designed a landing page it would have the same header and all those header, footer and sidebar links, just like the main blog pages do. Just something to be aware of.

You could do the site in WP and the landing pages as static pages. Or you could design the blog so that it would not take away from the landing page design.

Linda / Joseph- thanks for all your help on this post.

Linda- JUST when I thought I had a good grip on this :confused: ugh...It's ok I will get all of this eventually. I'm learning a lot which can get a little frustrating but it's also fun! If I step back and realize I knew NOTHING about all this 5 or 6 weeks ago it's very cool.....

Need to digest this. Once I launch my first campaign(s), I intend to post here every step of the way, kind of a rookie blow-by-blow journal. I think that would be interesting to look back on months from now...

P.S. thanks for the landing page examples! I am pretty amazed at how helpful you and your members are!

banners
Back