The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword research for article marketing

amishosh

affiliate
Hi!

I've recently been introduced to article marketing and I truthfully believe I may have found my way in the IM world after failing some of the other methods.

My question is like this:
From your experience, assuming my point is NOT to necessarily SEO my site by creating back links but rather use the article directories as my main source of traffic, how much focus should I put into Keyword research if at all?

Should I research keywords like I used to do for PPC or SEO? Compare competition etc? Or just stay true to my niche and try and write (over time of course) as many articles with catchy titles as possible?

I hope my question was clear.

Keyword research is the KEY to effective article marketing. And anayzing your competition is very, very important along with creating backlinks that point to your articles to increase their ranking.

If you want you can check out 2 posts I wrote on my blog about article writing, and more specifically keyword research. The first one is about looking for untapped "emotional keywords" and the second is about analyzing the competition in a different way. I hope it can help you. Here they are:

{sorry: no links to own site allowed; URLs removed}

Cheers,

~ Louise

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's purely for traffic, then you need to look for low competition keywords so your articles rank highly, and therefore get some traffic. Otherwise the only traffic they will get is from the people browsing through the article directories.

When you use a keyword tool to find words, it's a good idea to find exact match words rather than broad match words. This will give you an idea of what is actually being searched rather than broad, general phrases. Always try to have your keywords in your title, your URL, your h1 tags, content, images if necessary, etc. Just be focused for each page on one specific keyword.

Writing and submitting articles means you are putting your businness on autopilot. Article marketing can go viral and explode your business only if you are persistent. Keep learning and going, you will succeed.

i would think alot about keyword research and what words are more competitive and what words produce more traffic then pick the best option

Hello :)

This is a great question and Louise M. make some very good points about keyword research and anayzing your competition for article marketing.

Also, you should continue to increase your seo knowledge and skills to help you create good keyword rich content that will rank well in the article directories for your targeted keywords.

This will allow you to drive traffic to your website from article directories and search engines. In addition you should also consider using articles in other ways as well such as posting on web 2.0 sites, news letters, etc… This will allow you to continue diversifying your traffic sources so that you are not dependent on only one source for your traffic.

Hope this helps : - )

focusing on one single item on SEO won't help. combination of tools will help more. I mean not only articles that will help you. You should combine it with social networking, back links, etc..

banners
Back