The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Key to Affiliate Success - Try, Test, FAIL & Learn

Mindset is the most important thing for any business not only IM. Infact it is the key difference between rich and poor

I have read this book called "Secrets of Millionaire Mind", explains why are people rich or poor. It is due their thinking.

Highly Recommended book to read... you will love it :)

I totally agree Richkid, The bible says as a man thinketh in his heart so is he. This would indicate that if you think and say you can you are right and if you say and think you cannot you are also right. whatever you think in your heart good or bad it will come to pass. so this makes much sense to me and is something I live by day to day.... that being said I am a millionaire today tomorrow and forever....

I agree to everything said - great thoughts. It`s hard not to give up when you don`t get results in a few months after working hard. But believe this - it WILL start to pay off, just dont lose hope, and work hard toward your goals.

The thing I love about Internet Marketing, is that after some time, it gets a "snow ball effect": all the articles, backlinks, relationships etc start to generate MASSIVE amounts of traffic. So you basically need to just split test your pages, and keep increasing conversions, while more and more traffic is coming your way.

everything we do is like a experiment. We try and try new methods, test it until we come to our desired results. After all, success can't be achieved without passing those challenges and obstacles that may come to our way.

Yea I though about trowing in the towel alot of times but I realize that I have to stick the course. I am seeing some results so I am learning to just be patient.

It is good to hear that you have not thrown in the towel. Here is the thing, in the very begining you need to first (before jumping in both feet and doing all the things people tell you to do), set the proper mindset. If you go into any legitimate online business opportunity thinking short term money making you are setting yourself up for failure.

The fact is none of the legitimate online businesses are designed for making money fast, or at least good money. You have to think of your business like a mariage until death do you part so to speak. Think about this would you be afraid to tell your family and friends about your future spouse? Then why would you be afraid to tell them about your business and with the same zeal as you would about your future spouse.

I have found that once you have the right mindset and a sponsor to help keep you focused your business takes on a life all of its own and things start happening for you and your business grows. So keep the right mindset and stay the course and it will work out for you. Check out what I found, This really works!

Yea I though about trowing in the towel alot of times but I realize that I have to stick the course. I am seeing some results so I am learning to just be patient.

Rodman,
I am amazed by the difference between me now and 1 year ago.
The time is going to pass anyway, so why not stick with it?

You will be glad you did.

Patrick

Rodman,

I totally agree with Patrick, the time is going to pass anyway (and faster than you think) so it only makes sense to stay the course. I too have been transformed from what I was just a year ago making money and happy this would not have happened had I gave in to my frustrations and gave up when things did not seem to be moving along as fast as I thought they should have again that initial expectation was not set properly but I am glad I hung in there life is much better for it now!

All great points in these posts. From a merchants point of view, you can always ask for help from the affiliate managers in which you are a publisher. We live and breath marketing so it never hurts to ask the merchants for advice about their products some will respond and some will not respond and those that do will teach you what you need to know about the products you are trying to market for them. Do your research about their products and the merchant and get to know the products.

Success will come with time and patience, affiliate marketing is not a get rich quick scheme it takes hard work, attention to details, some analytical thinking and testing. Learning about Google Website Optimizer and using GAW will also help you find the optimum layouts, headline and sales copy. Always use an analytics program and look for trends with your visitors, track the merchant links your visitors are clicking through on and keep refining.

Last but not least offer your visitors good content and keep them coming back. Tie the content into merchants offers when possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the insight ssmarketing, I agree with you 100% we must know the products we are marketing and you cannot learn more about them from anyone better than the merchants. That being said thanks for the tips on GAW I will check into that and make it a part of my overall strategy.
:D:D:D

Try, test, learn, and fail. Did all of the above. Wanna specifically say thanx to the lead page person, lol. I like that, posted 4 different sites there. Wicked Awesome!!

I Tell my Kids to always expect failures and errors. We are only human and thats the way we learn. Mistakes are a dime a dozen, but Mistakes makes magic happend in an instant...

Thanks so much for the link to the article. I have only been in the affiliate marketing business for a couple months, so I'm rather new to it and haven't seen a TON of success yet, but it makes me feel a lot better knowing that everyone in this business has had some obstacles and you just have to push through them. :)

There is only one key to succes as an affiliate marketer and that is building a list i dnt care what other people say building a list is VITAL if you want to sell affiliate products. So any one who is starting to do affiliate marketing remember it's all bout THE LIST LIST LIST!!!!!!

What a great post! I can totally relate to this as my years of experience have been filled with lot of failures which have helped me gain tremendous knowledge about affiliate marketing and how to achieve success.

I love the comparison between online and real estate profitability and it is so true, most people think they would become millionaires on the web overnight and when it does not happen in 6 months they give up and walk away. In reality the web is a very profitable channel that will make you lots of money but you have to be willing to fail one too many times before you have a taste for success. Success is not other than years of hard work combined with frustrations, failures and great rewards.

So never give up your goal just be willing to make mistakes and get back on your feet and test as many times necessary to make things work, and trust me they will eventually work and at a very rewarding pace.

Cheers!

Hi Y'all,

I'm new here but caught this post and enjoyed it. It's definitely not overnight success when it comes to affiliate marketing. It seems that whoever has the best copywriting sales page with a hot new product wins.

There is always a roadblock that pops up along the way but if it was easy to make money on the Net then the markets would so saturated the competition would be ferocious.

Baby steps will eventually reap you rewards down the road. I've gained and lost through the years and have found it easier to time manage Internet Marketing. Once something works rinse and repeat but don't expect riches overnight without a little elbow grease:)

Thanks for the information. I am new to affiliate marketing and been looking for info and help along the way. Thanks again for the insight, all is welcome, I have collect much so far. Thanks again

What a great thread. I do not look at as failing anymore. They are challenges and without them how are we to become better. The importance of goals setting and daily planning.

MI
Back