The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Joomla Questions Answer Part 2

incognito

affiliate
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]10.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I’ve got a problem. Who can help me?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The official Joomla site should get you well on your way; they have a massive online community with loads of experts willing to give you a hand: Joomla! Community Forum • Index page[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]11.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] My Joomla site seems rather slow?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
There are many things you need for a good Joomla performance. Remember, Joomla is a large program, and your hosting package needs to reflect that. It will use a lot of bandwidth, a large chunk of file size and lots more. Your code should be valid, and more extensions means longer loading time. For more detailed information, see: Joomla! Community Forum • View topic - Your Site is slow? - Read this for performance increase!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]12.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I have installed ‘Component x’.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I want this component to be shown on the homepage. How?
Let’s use the popular forum add-on Fireboard. Add a link to your component in your main menu and then move the link to the top. Whatever component is linked to first in the menu will display as your home page.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]13.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] One of my modules/components is not working and it’s messing up my site! I cannot enter the admin section! Ahh![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
All you need to do is log into FTP, and delete the component/module that is causing the problem.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]14.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Can I allow someone else to add content to my webpage without having admin powers?
Sure can! Joomla has a powerful members tool which allows the addition of members. You can give each member different privileges, such as ‘Admin’, ‘Editor’, etc. A member with ‘Editor’ status will be able to log in and post content without ever actually accessing the admin area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]15.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] A module is not showing on my site!
Check that it is published. If it is not published, there will be a Red cross by its name. If it is published, there will be a picture of a computer with a green tick by it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]16.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] How do I install a component/module?
Download the files to your PC. Then you use the built in Joomla installers. Navigate to the files in Joomla, and Joomla does the rest. NOTE: You may need to unzip files before uploading.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]17.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I like my current template but want to make a small change. Can I do this?
Of course you can! In the Joomla admin, go to Site[/FONT]à[FONT=&quot]Template Manager[/FONT]à[FONT=&quot]Site Templates. From there you can edit the HTML or CSS.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]18.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Can I test Joomla locally for ease of use/I do not have a host!
Yes you can. You can use JSAS, XAMPP, WAMP or similar programs which install PHP, MySQL & Apache on your local server.
WAMP: Install PHP 5 Apache MySQL on Windows : WampServer
XAMPP: apache friends - xampp
JSAS: Home - Joomla Stand Alone Server[/FONT]
19[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I need to do some testing on my website. Is there a way of not allowing it to be viewed during this time?
Yes there is! In the Global Configuration area, one of the options is ‘Site Offline’ and be changed between Yes and No. You can also add a message to it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]20.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And during this time I can still access the administrator area right?
Yes, just go to the usual address and you will be able to log in as usual.[/FONT]

banners
Back