The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

It's not always about traffic prediction

tw0manyhats

I think I just learned something of value that the pro's here probably already know.

I spent so much time looking at traffic statistics and past performance of keywords, SEO of competitors etc. then suddenly a light bulb went on. I started to see something interesting about content in general.

I was so focused on getting a piece of traffic that was going to a competitors site that I didn't see something obvious. If someone is driven to your site for whatever reason they will come back if they find additional interesting content they wouldn't expect to find but were compelled to read. Not necessarily highly searched content but unique and interesting content.

I dont mean drive them with a keyword based on white toasters in Brooklyn and having sub content on bird watching in New Orleans:D

Drive visitors with targeted keyword information and keep visitors with unique information on your sub pages that they might not have necessisarily searched for but enjoy reading.

Now I find myself writing additional content that drives visitors to my sub-pages based on more loosly related content but still tied to the homepage by a strong keyword. Not every single piece of content needs to be based on high search volumes. Look at you own search patterns and figure out what it was that drove you to keep reading deeper into a particular site.

Now I find myself writing more enjoyable content and enjoying the whole process more. I never saw hyperfocusing as a bad thing but for "CERTAIN SITES" I guess it is.

Kevin

Great points Kevin, what people are realizing through web 2.0 is that those who write for people and not the bots are the ones who are getting more recognition.

I agree, good points Kevin. If you have good stuff that keeps people coming back,
bookmarking and telling their friends you have a sustainable business.

If you build it for the engines or it's just a "thin" affiliate site with a bunch of affiliate links
and no added value, it's like house of cards and one change by Google can wipe you out.

MI
Back