The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is twitter good for SEO?

Twitter is more a way of building a profile for yourself or your website and ultimately driving traffic to your site. SEO is about getting higher in the search engines. So no, Twitter doesn't really have any affect on SEO.

I disagree. Twitter is useful for SEO because the pages update regularly and therefore get regular visits from bots. This makes twitter pages the ideal place to put links to pages you wish to be indexed or re-indexed quickly.

In addition a twitter page with useful information on it can quickly gain a high page rank. Mine is PR5 with no attempt to build page rank through backlinking. It got to PR 5 in about 3 months. For this reason it is a good place to but a link back to my main site.

EDIT: Just noticed my Twitter page is now PR6

Last edited by a moderator:
Social Media Profiles Rock!!

I agree with surreypcsupport. Social media platforms have great impact on the latest search results. A successful social profile will generate not only best search results, also gain leads!!

Hi,
Twitter, Digg, Facebook, etc are the good social networking sites that's provide a good platform for generate site traffic and increased site popularity.

Twitter facebook and my space are social meadi sites there not great for improving your ranking in Google They are better at creating a company brand .A few weeks back google has started to pick up live feeds from these sites for the first time So in the future it could benfited your seo .

necessity of twitter

Now-a-days we are very much dependent on social networking. Twitter is most popular site about that. It is a micro blogging site. Few days ago, I use twitter, for promotion of my site. Now, I have got much better result. 25th March'2010, we known as twitter festival day. I think, you must come there, for sharing good moments with all.

twitter is a way to give your profile an "authority" feel, so people follow you to see what you are saying on your niche.

As for linkbuilding I see no benefit, apart from people people who follow you as this can increase your website traffic but also gives you competitors every move you make!

Twitter it is about building connections and relationships, growing your network of business contacts.Twitter is not an SEO tool but rather a networking tool, don’t mix them up

Twitter is good for traffic, but it can't influence your page rank at all. You can use the social networks to attract more visitors to your site or blog and they are likely to bring you some profit.

Twitter has some SEO benefits, but not a lot. Main benefit is for direct traffic.

I believe most Twitter links are nofollow.

Twitter is certainly worth doing but only now as Google show results in SERPS. Dont expect any strategic traffic unless you are an authority on a subject and have a huge following.

Yes, Twitter is good for SEO. If your Twitter tweets are popular, their popularity will definitely affect the Google search rankings of the sites you link to from your tweets. There are lots of places those tweets show up, like blogs and those sites drop the nofollow tag. When you tweet, it goes into various sites and transmits authority back to the sites you link to. Twitter’s SEO value kicks in when your tweets are syndicated out to blogs via Google Gadgets or get picked up by sites like Topsy that aggregate popular tweets. These sites often drop the nofollow tag from the links in your tweets, and that is when Google’s search algorithm starts to pay attention to them.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hi what's up,

I think twitter is beneficial for increasing the traffic in your web site and their is no link with SEO.

Internet Marketing

As per my knowledge All the promotion we do through social networking sites are the part of Social media optimization instead of search engine optimization.

banners
Back