The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is Facebook Profitable?

Ahsen

Hi,

I?m new in this forum and this is my first post.

While surfing I came across a discussion where some say Facebook is not profitable yet. How this can happen? According to them it sells stock to cover expenses. What do you think? Any idea?

From what I remember they aren't public and therefore can't sell stock but I guess you can take venture capital and you either have to pay it back or you give them partial ownership of the company. There is sooooo much overhead that goes with their site from employees and offices to health insurance and anything else a company has to pay for...

Now let me ask you one question... How many ads have you clicked on Facebook? Yeah I never have either...

That's my two cents. If I owned that site I would sell it right now and go buy a small country. Facebook like it's friend myspace will eventually fall from grace and everyone else will move onto the next fad... My prediction (which probably isn't even worth two cents.) is that it will be the new smart phones that become the next big social networking technology thingamajig...

Hi,

I?m new in this forum and this is my first post.

While surfing I came across a discussion where some say Facebook is not profitable yet. How this can happen? According to them it sells stock to cover expenses. What do you think? Any idea?

In my experience Facebook is a good place for building a brand names, public profiles or personal reputation but not a converting area for ads. Evidence:I have tried it but no conversion for my attempts.

tried but nothing

Ive tried the facebook thing to but no luck on that much more luck in forums and message boards i find

i have heard that facebook makes millions in profit... through all the facebook aps and the ads on the side... they have so much traffic, they have to be profitable

i have heard that facebook makes millions in profit... through all the facebook aps and the ads on the side... they have so much traffic, they have to be profitable

Is it profit or revenue? So much traffic does not mean profit. Only converting targeted traffic pays you well.

yeah, its true, and i just did a search around digg and saw that everyone is talking about how facebook does not make profit. its just really hard for me to believe.

My 2 cents: I am advertising on facebook, and the conversion are good, (enough to keep this going for 5 months now).

In terms of company - at least they are making some revenue as opposed to twitter, which has not done any income even though it has a huge success.

I think success in facebook ads is directly related with which vertical you are going to target. In my experience, software promotion trial ended up with zero because people are more inclined to fun and friendship. For business or for shopping there are a lot of alternatives around.

When people like to make fun, it is difficult interrupt them and drive them to other channels to do something else.

Cheers

My 2 cents: I am advertising on facebook, and the conversion are good, (enough to keep this going for 5 months now).

In terms of company - at least they are making some revenue as opposed to twitter, which has not done any income even though it has a huge success.

Face book is great

I am on facebook and I have a website linked there. It don't make me a million dollars overnite, but it converts so I left it alone you got to work on it like anything else. Want to know how I do it. Send me a pm or just post and I will be glad to share it with you.

Facebook isn't a bad place to network
and connect with like minded individuals.

You can even distribute your value and your
content just as long as it is tasteful.

My advice is do not post your business opportunity
on other people's walls. If you do then oh well...Life goes
on ... it is a learning lesson but if it works for you
then don't let me stop you.

I recommend using the notes on Facebook, uploading videos,
and being social. Make sure your content points back to
your personal website or your personal blog. Then your blog or
website should have even more value then invites people to
your lead capture page and your business.

It is actually quite simple but it may
not always be easy since original content
takes some creativity and your thinking cap.

It also helps to have a web based software
that let's you have as many capture pages as you
need. That leads to unlimited URL's which
helps you dominate the SEO aspect.

Facebook can be profitable if used properly.
Remember it is a social media site and a platform.

Facebook allows you to have up to 5,000 friends on
your profile. But if you start a fan page you can
have as many fans as you want!

Pretty cool right?!

Oh yeah ... the tag option...

When you post a note or a video,
you can tag potential prospects or customers
that may be interested in your product or
business opportunity.

Do not tag family members though
when you are trying to sell diet product.
lol

They might get offended...

Talk soon everyone!
Rellie

Actually the original post was asking about the profitability of Facebook the company, not if it's a profitable marketing medium for people to use. Somewhere along the course of the thread the conversation kind of switched gears, I guess.

You hear a lot of talk about sites like facebook and twitter not being profitable, but they still seem to pay the bills and keep themselves solvent.

As far as making money via those sites, I think there are many opportunities you could pursue in that regard. Browser based games and similar apps seem to do well.

I'm new too, making money on facebook was something i was trying to establish myself. has anyone had any luck yet?

as an AM I've worked with pubs who promoted solely on FB and we're bringing in $35k a week in commissions. Granted I don't know what their spend was, but you figure if you are generating $35k a week in commission it has to be profitable.

As for Facebook as a company being profitable....I don't see how it couldn't be. There are 350 million users on one site......that NEVER happens and all those smaller sites are making money.

Yes, it is profitable. There are numerous ways to make money by using social networking sites. Like ads for example.

I think facebook is good and can be worthwhile for your site if you post there intelligently. Joining any group, creating any group that can match with the service or product your site is offering, making friends, posting your own comment against their posting etc. should be done in organized way. A good video that can describe your site/product/service is really helpful also! You can get target traffic from there.

i guess one thing we can get in facebook is only the traffic back to our website, i terms of profit i think they don't offer that to their members.

MI
Back