The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

TikTok is back-against-the-wall

Graybeard

TikTok is a financial loser for ByteDance. So, why are they willing to lose money in the USA?

Well, the US Congress passed a bill requiring the divestiture (selling off) of TikTok out of Chinese government control, President Biden has indicated a willingness ti enact this bill into law. So, what's with this statement? Sour Grapes maybe?

The drama will now continue in the courts --1yr time is ticking unless ByteDance gets a reprieve (somehow) ...

>>>``` TikTok accounts for a small share of ByteDance's total revenues and daily active users, so the parent would rather have the app shut down in the U.S. in a worst case scenario than sell it to a potential American buyer, they said. ```<<<

I saw that on a news source last night. If you guys are getting it totally banned, I imagine we'll be next, although I'm not sure our government could demand the sale. At least not with the current dufus-in-charge. So far, here it's just the upper echelon of the government who had to remove it from their government phones.

I am no fan at all of the CCP but I don't blame them for not wanting to sell it. The article says it shares algorithms with other properties they own. And by the way, can't they just create a new platform?

* Meaning, can't ByteDance just turn around and create a new platform?

>>>``Some 58% of respondents to the two-day poll, which closed on Tuesday, agreed with a statement that the Chinese government uses TikTok, which is owned by China's ByteDance, to "influence American public opinion." Some 13% disagreed, and the rest were unsure or didn't answer the question. Republicans were more likely than Democrats to see China as using the app to affect U.S. opinions.

TikTok says it has spent more than $1.5 billion on data security efforts and would not share data on its 170 million U.S. users with the Chinese government. The company told Congress last year that it does "not promote or remove content at the request of the Chinese government. ..."``<<<

1 year left (maybe) Will they bail or sell out?
tictok-upload-video.jpg

Last edited:
1 year left (maybe) Will they bail or sell out?
They don't strike me as a government willing to co-operate or play well with others.

Just a sidenote: They interfered with our elections, too (assuming what I heard about yours is true). They went so far as to threaten harm to the families of at least one candidate, whose family still lives in China. No one, not the RCMP nor the government officials informed the candidate, he found out in an investigation long after. He wasn't the only one the CCP had a hand in the results.

Did TikTok data help in any of that? I haven't a clue. I just know some of their people were sent here.

I have a feeling that China knows more than one way to skin a cat.

banners
Back