propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IM Valuable business tool or constant distraction

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by temi, Jul 24, 2008.

What do you think of IM?

1. Cannot live without them

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Useful sometime

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. I use it occasionally

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. What is IM?

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. temi

temi Facilitator affiliate

I think IM (Instant Messengers) are great business tool, it facilitates quick and efficient communication but it can also take over your time, people you do not necessary want to talk to can contact you when they see that you are online. For this reason I do not login to IM by default any more, you need to request my presence on IM if you want to chat to me and I deliberately use obscured IM such as ICQ to keep people on my contact list to a minimum, how do you use IM, what do you think of it? Please vote.

2. SticKer

SticKer Affiliate affiliate

Well sometimes its really handy and I try to keep my chat conversations minimal so I don't waste my time on it.

3. temi

But how do you handle people you do not want to talk to who contact you? (they are not nuisance, you just don't want to speak to them at that particular moment).

4. SticKer

SticKer Affiliate affiliate

Just ignore them if your busy and once your free you can message them back or if you get messages when your busy, send them a short message that you'll talk later.

5. darkstar_tfd_2

darkstar_tfd_2 Affiliate affiliate

I use IM lately more and more.

When I am busy I just stay invisible or logout

6. temi

The logout option sounds fine or in my case not logging in the first place.

7. Dimitar Christoff

Dimitar Christoff Affiliate affiliate

i telecommute often and find skype invaluable :)

8. john_logic

john_logic Affiliate affiliate

only use IM within company ie to staff member in next room - "have you got a second?"
    used to use if with clients and it was a nightmare - now all client stuff goes through our support system - far less distracting and everything is documented properly

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed