The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

If you think you know Google think again

temi

affiliate
Sometime I get completely confused by Google. I launched a site last week for a keyword I think is not too competitive but fairly competitive because lots of other wembasters targeting this keywords but I just check my new site for that keyword this morning and ...... my new site is on page 1 positon 8 , I am very very suprised.

I was not expecting to get to page one for at least 2-3 months but in less than two weeks I am there, cannot understand why?

I had this with a website a little while ago , i thought it would be competitive and i jumped straight in at page two! and i only had about 10 backlinks to it at the time too ?!

Since i launched the site i haven't had the time to promote it though so its slowly going down the ratings

I don't think he will tell you what the secret keyword is Bagi :D

Yes, you may right, otherwise I wouldn't compete with him, I was just curious and wanted to understand the case a little better.:( Additionally I wanted to know whether it was a brand new domain or a sub level domain.:confused:

Bagi,
I trust you, I have sent the keyword to you. Yes, the domain was brand news, I registered it about 2-3 weeks ago, I will send you the name of the domain via PM

Thank you Temi for your trust, I appreciate that, and promise that I won't abuse.;)
If it was a brand new domain the case is really strange:confused:

Yes,
Its quite strange, but maybe like OWG said at another post, Google now check a new domain name owner, link it with other sites that person has, if that person is not a keyword spammer or not in Google's blackbook, the site is not placed in a sandbox.

Also, maybe the keyword is not as competitive as I though (but even if its now a site that went online in less than 2 weeks should not be on page one yet.

MI
Back