The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

If You HAD to Start Over - What would you do Different???

Works much harder and make much more money back in the days when seo and other things were much easier! Work more on my bigger sites.. but other than that no regrets :)

There are two things I would have done differently. The first is I would have taken a course instead of trying to piece information together from different places. I don't know why it never occurred to me. Anyway I have taken plenty of course since.

The second may have been prevented if I had taken a course. I started to many sites in to many niches. I jumped right in and started a weight loss site, relationships site, work at home site, wedding site etc. Can you imagine? I have no idea at the time of what I was doing and I was in the most competitive niches.

Happily, I survived and I make a full time living online and love it :)

FitGal, thanks for your post. I did the same thing although I had to take a course to learn how to build a website. All i could do was google and get email. The fact that you are making a living doing this gives me a lot of encouragement as I am really struggling to make any money. Thanks.

I will also say that new affiliates should act, reading all the ebooks in the world without taking any action is a recipe for failure.

I totally agree with FitGal, I started only a few months ago and have spent far more that I've made so far. Distraction and confusion and information overload and being unable to determine exactly what I want to stick with have been my major pitfalls so far. At some point I will get it figured out.

I'd probably plan out my first advertising campaign more carefully because bad experience is minimal experience. Of course, it's natural to regret your initial flops but yeah, thats just how I feel.

I would focus on SEO through keyword research for the niche. Especially by following Google's rules. Face it, they own 66% of the traffic. Best to make them happy.

I spent about a year researching hundreds of niches with specific keywords.

For an example, do a search on Google for Biker Radio. A moment ago it was on the first page near the bottom. Most people will click something on the first page unless they are being really specific and digging.....Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
If I could roll back the clock 5 years...

I would have been more receptive to the many people that tried
to talk to me about what I am doing now.

Did not think that it was possible and turned a deaf ear.

In the past two weeks I have made more money online than I have
in 3 months.

So my advice is to be open minded.

(At least consider something that may seem strange at first).

I would have spent much more time researching the programs I promoted and prepare a detailed plan before I began promoting.

I spend at least an entire week researching the programs I am now promoting and have achieve far greater success than before.

For one thing I always signup under top producers so i can leverage from their success and you would be surprised by the offers and mentoring that you can benefit from.

If I could start all over again (which we kind of are actually), I would focus 100% on building membership sites and recruiting affiliates. I would not spend one second on dumb side projects. I would also not allow myself to rely on Google for income. Ouch.

If I could start over again I would start at the end and work my way backwards. That way maybe I might have half a clue what I was doing to start out! :)

Hmmmm

If I had to start over I would have focused more energy to specific projects and would spread out less. Nonetheless I have managed to make everything work in the end. :)

Thank you all for these posts. This is my first day here. At first I felt confident about affiliate marketing, then it dawned on me :with all the competition out there, what would make me so special? When I answer that is when I will be successful, I guess!

Rongee here.

Great comments. I would not sign up for any 2 and 3,000 dollar courses that
teach you a large number of ways to make money on the internet, like Ebay
and Craigs List to sell products from a wholesaler like Doba, when you can buy
stuff at Walmart for less. :(

Ron Gengoult

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back