The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

If You HAD to Start Over - What would you do Different???

I should have focus one step at a time. It was a lesson I've learned from the past years. When I started, I couldn't help out what to do next and which to prioritize. I was too busy with the thought of success without even realizing that it will hinder my goals.
Online marketing should be planned well because it is not just like vending candies outside but rather a career with tight competitors and a technology that minute by minute change.
And one more thing, if ever I'll have to start again, I should have focus on more SEO techniques.

I would not have been so quick to jump into the first thing I saw from an affiliate standpoint. Oh what am I talking about, I'm still a newbie. :D

I would have found a good mentor with a good training course to work with online,
I would have picked one niche to focus on, and then master that before moving on to the next one.
I would have found all my training in one place, with one good "guru".

It took me 9 month to figure this out.

Research a good starter course for a newbie , subscribe to it then cut my credit card up till i had finished it (would have saved me alot of money ..... :) )

Starting Over

Hi Linda; this is a fantastic thread and one that will probably serve users extremely well. In order to help those embarking on their affiliate careers; I would like to add my tuppence;

If I had to start over I would identify three niche markets or products, gather together all the information and content for my site and then pay to have the site developed. I spent so much time trying (and usually failing) to build my site that it became all consuming. If you are not a techie and you struggle with IT then don't even attempt to build your own site. I will say that I have learned so much from my efforts to be totally independent, and some of that information I would never have happened upon had I not proceeded the way I did, but when all is done I can honestly say that I would benefitted greatly from letting an expert develop my site. I am still struggling now and am not there yet; you would think I would throw in the towel and start over now, but I've invested too much personal time and effort to ditch it now. Think carefully about what you can and can't do and be honest with yourself. Don't take on a tast that you have no hope of completing. Building my site has taken the longest time and I could have been marketing my products in this time. Learn from my mistake and get it done for you. Good luck with your efforts!

Sounds like a great idea, I'm gettin sick of the road block I constantley run into!
I have noticed you all over the web, you really seem to know what you are doing, thank for the info.

I would have not relied on just running pure PPC campaigns and made a website to help promote my products.

This is such a therapeutic thread!

I spent the first 6 or 7 months of my online marketing pursuits focusing on "network marketing" aka the MLM world. Even though the products (health and wellness emphasis) were very good, the mindset of my "upline" was extremely closed minded to pursuing that business via the Internet. It wasn't until I attended an IM workshop that I realized my true passion was much more geared towards affiliate/Internet marketing. I think it's important to see all experiences as part of the journey. I definitely would not have put so much time into network marketing but it brought me to where I am today!

This really is a helpful and caring forum...thanks!

The answer to this is easy for me. I would have done what we are doing now that is working so well.

Give away a Free product with high value that brings readers to our site to discover our other offerings. I can not tell you how powerful this simple strategy is for making money online.

And, yes, I had read it before but now that we see the amazing results from using it I can only urge you to do the same.

Good Luck

George

I don't think I would do something different. At first I didn't get to much money but I've learned in dealing with me and failure ( not making money ). But with persistence all that seem to be a mistake either I've learned or overcame with success.

If I could do it all again...

If I could change anything and do it all again, I would have believed in myself and got started a little earlier. I guess I couldn't understand that lots and lots of people are willing to pay for information, and so long as I was helping them with something I could build a real online community of customers.

I would have also learned HTML from scratch. I started web design and development in the year of 2000 and didn't fully grasp it until around 2003 which is so pitiful.

My mistake was to start with using tools like MS Frontpage and Dreamweaver and some others, which are very good tools that can allow you quickly create websites, but should not be used as shortcuts for learning.

If there is anyone out there reading this, I would recommend learning HTML and a little Javascript from scratch. It could take you a few days instead of around three years like it took me.

I would have taken ACTION.

I wasted TOO MUCH time sitting on my butt doing nothing, just procrastinating and I became the classical example of a 'paralysis analysis' victim.

I should have just taken the plunge right away, gotten my squeeze pages made quicker, my ebook and ecourse should have been compiled and should had gotten right to traffic promotion strategies, rather than read every new ebook under the sun on how to generate traffic and prosper.

All of my time spent was futile, just trying to sink in knowledge, but absolutely NO action.

I horribly REGRET those mistakes and I have vowed that I will NOT repeat the same mistakes again!

I would have started earlier!

But since I am a little bit late in doing the online business what I am planning to do is to grasp everything from the experience IMers! Focus and have a goal so that I won't be left behind.

Quite refreshing thread!;)

This is a great question and I am sure that the replies have been very helpful for newbies.

I would definitely have spent more time creating my own products and affiliate programs to go with them!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if I had it to do over I would definitely start and stick with List building. I think that although it is cliche the money is truly in the list. The trick that I have finally learned over the years is what kind of list and how was it built. If you take the time required to truly build a targeted list of prospect geared and interested in your product or niche you will do very well online making money.

And not only will you do well you will have a ongoing residual income for years to come as the more valuable products you sale to your prospect the more they want to buy from you and are willing to spend their money on things you introduce. So I would have not started so late in the game building a strong list and a relationship with the people on my list.

RE: If I had to start over...

I think that creating a LOW priced product or a Special Report that is jammed packed with information would be the way to start.

You can literally build an "empire" with this approach.

Then make it available on forums and on blogs.

Do JVs with others who will place it on their thank you page and let them keep ALL of the profit. This will explode your list.

MI
Back