The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

If You HAD to Start Over - What would you do Different???

i should not have waited so long to get started. I was a looker, not a doer. Took along time for me to move foward.

Yes, it is all about doing than just thinking or just looking. It takes a lot to just do, but once you continue to do so, it becomes repetitive.

I wouldnt have wasted so much money

I wasted so much, I think almost 7,000$. I am grateful to god for having paid off my debt, because I couldn't have done it my self. Sold my car and my household stuff to pay it off.
I really was looking to make an income, just wanted enough to get by.
I would have started my business sooner.

But, you know what, at least you started at some point. We, as human beings are always going to be critical of ourselves, or at least the majority of us.

I , also think that is what makes us so special. it gives us the ability to strive to do better.

Very good point iceman,

and newbiz74 - Wall Street is becoming a ghost town with all of the investment firms and banks laying off thousands every month. I bet they all wished they had started a few years ago.

Some of my first efforts were so poor looking back. I guess you need to go with your instincts more than just following the crowd or letting your head talk you out of things like you mentioned when setting up this forum. Ive found simple sites can rank really quickly and highly depending on the competition so always look out for smaller markets......

For me Forum posting and blog posting have worked well as well as article submission have generated some traffic and helped monetize my site too!

Ryan Linton

If i could start over,??? I guess I would have got the coaching before joining business's and spending the money. Oh yeah and forsure I would not do any cold calling or door to door.

Thanks
;):p:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooner of course

I would have considered learning about internet marketing sooner of course. I really thought it was only for the techies.And I still do feel they have an edge because they have already leaned so much.
However, after slowly getting my feet wet here, I can appreciate that it really is a puzzle that each person puts together for themselves. Piece by piece.
And it is kind of nice to be able to work with this any hour of the day isn't it?

I would have considered learning about internet marketing sooner of course. I really thought it was only for the techies.And I still do feel they have an edge because they have already leaned so much.
However, after slowly getting my feet wet here, I can appreciate that it really is a puzzle that each person puts together for themselves. Piece by piece.
And it is kind of nice to be able to work with this any hour of the day isn't it?

same here. It's not late I may say so. It's better than never learned the craft at all.

If I had to start over, what would I do different?

Well, I would imagine that this post could go on forever so I'll just stick to a few major things I would have changed.

1- I would have dove in head first with all my might. I started with just one affiliate website and worked really hard on that site until it was producing income for me. I wish I would have started ten to twenty affiliate sites from the beginning. You know, planting more than one seed. Today, I would have twice as many aged domains and a lot more revenue coming in each month. Oh well, you live and you learn.

2- I would have spend more time learning SEO in the beginning phases of marketing my sites. I left my first affiliate manager position to become an SEO and learn that aspect of the industry. by that time, my sites were already a few years old. If I could have applied what I learned as an SEO to my sites when they were brand new, I could be dominating the most competitive phrases in the industry instead of sitting at 3 or 4 for my main phrases.

3- I would have re-invested more of my money that came in from my affiliate sites into marketing or more new sites. Unfortunately, I needed the money right away, so I pocketed most of the cash leaving very little for current and future projects.

4- I would have started my first affiliate network years before I did. Little did I know how much internet marketing would grow over the last three to four years. I have seen hundreds of affiliate networks sprout up over the last few years and they are growing like crazy! If I could have just started my first network before the storm hit, I would have a greater competitive advantage.

That is probably good for now. I just hope that someone can learn from my mistakes!

I would have stayed away from Pay Per Click marketing until I truly understood the way it works. You can lose soooooo much money on it if you don't know what you are doing. I probably paid for a month of daycare for someone at Google.

Excuse my ignorance but i have recently started with affiliate marketing so when i hear a term like SEO not sure what you mean by that. What does SEO mean?

But all this information is really great guys thank you.

Thanks in advance

If I had to start over, what would I do different?

Well, I would imagine that this post could go on forever so I'll just stick to a few major things I would have changed.

1- I would have dove in head first with all my might. I started with just one affiliate website and worked really hard on that site until it was producing income for me. I wish I would have started ten to twenty affiliate sites from the beginning. You know, planting more than one seed. Today, I would have twice as many aged domains and a lot more revenue coming in each month. Oh well, you live and you learn.

2- I would have spend more time learning SEO in the beginning phases of marketing my sites. I left my first affiliate manager position to become an SEO and learn that aspect of the industry. by that time, my sites were already a few years old. If I could have applied what I learned as an SEO to my sites when they were brand new, I could be dominating the most competitive phrases in the industry instead of sitting at 3 or 4 for my main phrases.

3- I would have re-invested more of my money that came in from my affiliate sites into marketing or more new sites. Unfortunately, I needed the money right away, so I pocketed most of the cash leaving very little for current and future projects.

4- I would have started my first affiliate network years before I did. Little did I know how much internet marketing would grow over the last three to four years. I have seen hundreds of affiliate networks sprout up over the last few years and they are growing like crazy! If I could have just started my first network before the storm hit, I would have a greater competitive advantage.

That is probably good for now. I just hope that someone can learn from my mistakes!

SEO = Search Engine Optimization, i.e., managing the content of various factors on your site and links pointing to pages on your site with the goal of improving your ranking in search engine results for vgarious search terms.

The most important thing you can do now newbie is start studying about your new business and stay away from promises you wouldn't believe if you were face to face

Rick

Thanks for that minstral really appreciate it. Looks like alot of learning coming my way with this. I've worked in sales for years but this a whole new ball game.

Cheers thanks again.

banners
Back