The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

If the site host on different country will that effect for ranking

jollyman

affiliate
I have few web site but they host in US. will this effect to my page rank?

Is there any issue for SEO?

Thanks in advance

Where you site is hosted does not affect your PageRank but it could affect your site position on SERPs

SERP stands of Searh Engine Result Pages, this is he position of your site when someone type (for example) "dating directory" in google, the pages that are returned are SERP

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyway to avoid this type of situations. I can t be the only person who has this sort of issue. Is there any kind of meta tags or anything to avoid this.

Temi, this is more common prob on third world countries since they dont have good servers and data centers they have to host on a different country.

There are two solutions:
1. host your site in the country you are targeting
2. register your site's country with Google via Google webmaster site
Thanks

Jollyman, what is your doman suffix (.com .co.uk etc) and what is your Geographic target area? If you post this info, I can give you my slant on the SE impact of your Hosting.

With a .com targetted at the UK, I would not entertain hosting anywhere else except the UK. I strongly reccommend you don't compromise on this for a small cost saving. UK Hosting is not as expensive as it used to be, particularly C-panel Linux which most times comes with MYSQL and PHP plus loads more.

MI
Back