The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I need to start somethin'...

Balmong

affiliate
I graduated last week from college with a bachelors of science in computer science with an A- grade. I know how to design and code well, my knowledge includes php/mysql, css, xhtml, and many more,
my experience with working online involves 2years of graphic design and branding, I've seen numerous website being built and advertised from the ground up, being an identity creator most of the projects revolved around what I create. for various reasons I can't mention here I quit and shifted my focus on other priorities, its been awhile since I've decided to have my own projects but its easier said than done...
My only issue with it is I lack interest in life, my life basically revolves around going to the gym and gaming since I don't have school anymore. yes I know that everyone is supposed to be cheerful and motivated but I am quite the opposite, I am the creepy gloomy guy who sits in corners and like to be left alone. I don't sleep at nights, I also go to therapy and have to go on mood effectors at time, I am a pessimist by nature I always expect the worse and thats why I think that I push myself harder than most.
I want to start something but I can't think of anything, I know that I can do it but I don't know how? anyone ever felt like that?

hi Balmong,

You are in a challenging position of wanting to make something happen but having a mindset that's working against you. Here are a couple random ideas.

I don't know if this would be a good niche - but they say to find a niche about something you know about. It sounds like you know a lot about being depressed, being a pessimist and having a hard time getting things done. I'm sure others can relate to those feelings. 43 things is a website that talks about people's goals. Zeitgeist on 43 Things Here are some of the most popular goals. Some relate to what you are going through. Some listed for example are that people want to find out how to be happy, stop procrastinating, become more outgoing. etc.

So probably lots of people write blogs about how to get BETTER at those things so getting better is probably competitive. How about you write how it feels to be IN THOSE situations. Find the phrases people use about their frustrations and write about the negative side of how it feels, instead of the positive solution side, which is what everyone else is focusing on. (Just a thought, may be better therapy for you than it would be a money maker.) :rolleyes:

Once you find a niche and decide which way you want to go - since you like games, you can try to fool yourself into making your online business a game and give yourself challenges. I got 25 visitors to my blog yesterday - I'm going for it and am excited to see if I can hit 30 today! ;)

Another way for people who lack motivation to get things done is with simple lists. You just force yourself to complete whats on the list every day. Write 2 new pages and get 3 new links, etc.

Just throwing some things out there and not sure how much any of those helped. On a side note, there are some really good forums and social networks for people who suffer from depression and other emotional challenges. Have you ever thought of joining one for support?

Hi
first I can only tell you that the only person responsible for your happiness is you

You have to find out what the cause of your negative affect is and only you can find that out for yourself

I suppose affiliate marketing is a good idea for you to get into because of your IT skills

You already mentioned two things you are into which is gaming and gym

So the health and fitness niche is a possibility

Good luck

Hi

Sorry to hear that you are so negative about yourself.
The good thing about Internet Marketing is that the more you learn the more it can become a passion. Get passionate about it, pick up the subject you like and then go for it. Having a passion and enjoy what you do could help you see the world on a better way.
Good luck

MI
Back